Not All Pricing is the Same at a PayPerHead Service
I’m going to assume you’ve already done some research on PPH services and understand how they work. In this article, we’re going to discuss what to look for to ensure you’re paying a fair price.
Prices in the industry can vary widely. First off, for those that don’t know, bookies will pay a weekly fee for each active player they have. An active player is one that makes at least one wager during the week. The fee you pay is the same for every player regardless of how active they are.
How Much Do PPH Bookie Services Charge?
Let’s quickly discuss how much you should be paying for each active player per week.
I’ve seen services with fees as low as $1/head and services that exceed $20+/head. The average cost in the industry is $10/head, especially as a new bookie with a limited player base.
As your business grows, you’ll be able to receive volume discounts. For a full-featured PPH service, you’re never going to get the prices under $5/head. You’ll need 1000+ active players to have a shot at a $5/head price, but most bookies can expect to pay $7/head to $10/head for the service.
How to Know the Price You’re Paying is Fair?
Just because a service costs $10/head doesn’t mean the price you’re paying is fair. There’s a lot that goes into building a great PPH bookie solution and not every service offers the same features.
Here are some things you should research with the price per head provider you want to join:
- Betting Markets: Your players expect variety and the only way to keep your clients loyal is by ensuring they have all of the markets they want to bet on. Some PPH providers have limited markets and many don’t even offer any type of props/futures or live betting options.
- Level of Service: Some PPH solutions provide you with the software and odds feed, but they leave you to deal with player support. The last thing you want are clients calling you 24/7 with problems. Make sure the PPH service you join offers 24/7 player support.
- Features: The best price per head bookie solutions also have a 24/7 call center where you can have your own dedicated 1-800 number. They’ll also set-up a custom website on your own URL so that you can build your brand, which will help keep your players loyal.
Free Trials at a PayPerHead
Any reputable PPH provider will have some sort of free trial available to bookies. Whether the trial period is 1 week or 4 weeks, make sure you test everything out before committing to the service.
A PPH service’s job is to earn your business, not the other way around. Reputable services will show you exactly what they offer and how they can help you grow your sports betting business.
More PayPerHead tips:
- Become a More Successful Bookie With Real Bookies
- Real Bookies Offers Full Control of Lines and Limits
- Making Pay Per Head Resolutions That Make The Most Sense
- Why You Should Be Evaluating Your Current Pay Per Head Bookie Services Provider