2019 MLB World Series Has Been a Good One
The Houston Astros host the Washington Nationals in Game 7 of the 2019 MLB World Series. Tonight is for all the marbles and this game should be a good one like the rest. Some of the scores have been lopsided, but that is not the entire story as each game was close until the latter innings.
TV: 8:07 p.m. ET, FOX; LINE: Astros -135; O/U: 7.5 Over -113.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Nationals RH Max Scherzer (3-0, 2.16 ERA) vs. Astros RH Zack Greinke (0-2, 5.30)
Max Scherzer is apparently recovered from the neck injury that scratched him from his Game 5 start. He looks to help the Washington Nationals win their first World Series title when he takes the mound Wednesday night against the Houston Astros. Scherzer threw Tuesday afternoon and pronounced himself ready to make the Game 7 start. The Nationals tied the series 3-3 later that night with a 7-2 triumph.
Scherzer received a pain-killing injection Sunday and the fast recovery gives himself the chance to start the biggest game of his career. Manager Dave Martinez said there will be no limits on the right-hander. “Max will pitch until his neck decides he can’t pitch anymore,” Martinez said in a press conference. “I can’t see myself telling Max, ‘you’re only going to go 75 pitches.’ He’s going to want to go out there and go as long as he can.”
Houston native, and Rice Alumnus, Anthony Rendon tormented his hometown club by going 3-for-4 with a homer and five RBI’s in Game 6. Juan Soto and Adam Eaton slugged solo shots as the road team won for the sixth consecutive time in the series.
Alex Bregman smacked his third homer of the World Series for the Astros. Houston is looking for their second title in three seasons. Jose Altuve went hitless (0-for-3) for the first time to drop to .321 in 28 at-bats.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Scherzer picked up the victory in Game 1 for the Nationals. He allowed two runs, five hits, three walks and struck out seven over five innings. The veteran hurler was in such bad shape Monday that he was fitted with a neck brace to fly with the team to Houston. He then woke up Tuesday morning feeling significantly better and warmed up in the bullpen in the seventh inning of Game 6. The three-time Cy Young Award winner will be making his third World Series start. He made his first in 2012 for the Detroit Tigers.
Greinke is making his fifth start of the postseason for the Astros and second of this World Series. The crafty veteran gave up one run and seven hits over 4-2/3 innings in a no-decision in Game 3. Greinke struck out six and walked three. The Astros acquired Greinke from the Arizona Diamondbacks at the July 31st trade deadline with this kind of moment in mind and he had this to say about Game 7: “It’s gonna be a big game.” OF George Springer doubled twice in Game 6 for his fourth two-hit game of the series. He is 8-for-23 with two homers, four RBIs, four doubles and six walks.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Astros 5, Nationals 3
Houston Astros Trends
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Astros last 5 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-1-1 in Astros last 6 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 80.00% (6) 4|1 1
- Over is 4-0-1 in Astros last 5 interleague games as a favorite of -201 or greater. 100.00% (5) 4|0 1
- Over is 8-3 in Astros last 11 games a home underdog of +151 to +200. 72.70% (11) 8|3 0
Washington National Trends
- Trend Over is 4-0-1 in Nationals last 5 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 100.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-1-1 in Nationals last 6 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 80.00% (6) 4|1 1
- Over is 4-1 in Nationals last 5 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
- Under is 12-3 in Nationals last 15 interleague games as a favorite of -201 or greater. 80.00% (15) 4|0 1
World Series H2H Meeting Trends
- Trend Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in Houston. Hit % 100.00% (4) O/U 4|0 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings. 83.30% (7) 5|1 1
- Nationals are 11-1 in the last 12 meetings in Houston. 91.70% (12) 0 11|1
- Nationals are 22-8 in the last 30 meetings. 73.30% (30) 0 22|8
Stats brought to you by Scores&Stats
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!