Ravens Continue Playoff March Versus Jets
The Baltimore Ravens host the New York Jets on Thursday Night Football to start off NFL Week 15. The Ravens have already clinched a berth in the playoffs. They can take one step closer to locking down the No. 1 seed in the AFC Jets tonight.
TV: 8:20 p.m. ET, FOX, NFL Network. LINE: Ravens -17; O/U: 44.5
Baltimore comes into this matchup having won a franchise record nine straight games. Last Sunday’s 24-17 victory over the Buffalo Bills was as 6.5-point road favorites. The Ravens excel at all factors of the game. Their remarkably balanced offense is what has the Ravens favored to win Super Bowl LIV. Leading MVP candidate Lamar Jackson has 28 TD’s and six INT’s so far this season.
“We’ve been building for this moment. We’ve been playing really good football,” Baltimore safety Earl Thomas said. “It’s prime time, everybody’s watching, so you want to put the best product on the field. I have no doubt we’ll do that.” There was some doubt about the availability of Lamar Jackson after he was limited in practice Tuesday. The second-year quarterback told the media he felt “great” and will be on the field. The Ravens moved one game ahead of New England after last week’s win at Buffalo. It will be the first matchup between Jackson and Sam Darnold, who was taken with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Jackson was selected 29 spots later.
The Jets are on a bit of a roll themselves after having been written off somewhat. They have won four of five after a dismal start to the 2019 season. They squeaked past Miami 22-21. Defense and special teams have been strong for New York. QB Sam Darnold has not been very efficient, throwing just 15 TD passes with 11 picks in his 10 starts this season.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Jets are 5-8 on the season are in must win territory tonight. Running back Le’Veon Bell fared better off the field Saturday night than he has on this season. The premadonna went bowling and by what he said was a career-best 251. It was just hours after he was ruled out of Sunday’s game due to the flu. Bell was the team’s marquee offseason signing. He told reporters Tuesday that he is not receiving enough touches, but he hasn’t done much with the workload he’s had. He has failed to rush for 70 yards in a game and has scored four touchdowns. Darnold has nine touchdown passes versus two interceptions over his last five games. Robby Anderson has emerged as his top target with back-to-back 100-yard games. New York’s rush defense is second in the league at 78.8 yards per game.
The Ravens are 11-2 on the season. Jackson became the second quarterback to rush for 1,000 yards in Sunday’s victory. He only needs 23 yards tonight to eclipse Michael Vick’s single-season record, which is 1,039 yards. Jackson and running back Mark Ingram are the keys for a top-ranked ground game that averages 200.9 yards. They are on pace to break the single-season record set by the Patriots in 1978. Ingram is has 887 yards rushing on the season..
Tight end Mark Andrews leads the team in catches with 54, receiving yards with 707, and receiving touchdowns with 7. He also was limited in practice Tuesday. Baltimore’s defense has not allowed more than 20 points in eight consecutive games.
Please Read our Review of BetOnline and See why They are a Top Rated Sportsbook.
The Dart Throw: Ravens 17, Jets 13
Thursday Night Football Trends
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Ravens last 5 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 5-1 in Ravens last 6 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
- Under is 5-1 in Ravens last 6 games as a home favorite. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
- Under is 5-2 in Ravens last 7 games as a home favorite of 0.5-3.0. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
New York Jets
- Trend Under is 8-3 in Jets last 11 games as a road underdog of 0.5-3.0. Hit % 72.70% (11) O/U 3|8 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 5-2 in Jets last 7 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 71.40% (7) 1|5 0
- Over is 4-1 in Jets last 5 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
- Under is 6-2 in Jets last 8 games as a road favorite. 75.00% (8) 2|6 0
Ravens vs Jets H2H Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 3-1-2 in the last 6 meetings. Hit % 75.00% (6) O/U 1|3 Push 2 W/L
- Jets are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 meetings. 25.00% (8) 0 2|6
- Jets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings in Baltimore. 20.00% (5) 0 1|4
- Favorite is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings. 75.00% (8) 0 6|2
Get a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 at A-Rated Online Sportsbook BetOnline