Syracuse Looks to Upset Clemson
The Clemson Tigers and the Syracuse Orange will meet on Saturday in a key ACC Football battle at the Carrier Dome. Syracuse coach Dino Babers intimated last week’s blowout loss to being cold-cocked. The Orange figure to face another powerful punch when they host top-ranked Clemson. Was last week a look ahead game for the Orange or are they up to the task of knocking off the Tigers?
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, ABC. LINE: Clemson -28; O/U: 64.5.
The 63-20 shellacking the Orange took at Maryland knocked them out of the top 25. Babers hopes it served as a wake-up call that will knock them back on course. “Have you ever been knocked out before? When you wake up, the blues are blues, the reds are reds and everything seems clearer than anything has ever been before,” he told reporters. “It’s like rebooting your entire computer. It’s really kind of eye-opening. That loss was like being knocked out and then you wake up, so we’re going to see how we do. Maybe we rebooted and everything’s going to be OK, but we’ll have to see.”
They’ll have to be ready to endure another flurry when they host the high-powered Tigers. Clemson has won 17 consecutive games dating to the start of last season. It’s the first road trip for Clemson, which lost 27-24 in its last visit to Syracuse in 2017.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
As expected, Clemson has started the 2019 season 2-0. The Tigers are off to a relatively stress-free start. The scary thing for opponents is they haven’t even had their high-powered offense click yet. All-American quarterback Trevor Lawrence has passed for 436 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions. Travis Etienne has rushed 28 times for 258 yards and three scores. The defense has been dominant as well. They relatively young squad held both Georgia Tech and Texas A&M under 300 total yards and forced six turnovers.
Syracuse has started the 2019 season 1-1. The Orange need to get right on defense to have a shot in this game. They gave up 42 points in the first half and surrendered 650 total yards to the Terrapins. The run defense was especially suspect. Maryland rolled up 354 yards on the ground a week after the Orange held Liberty to negative rushing yardage. Syracuse will need a different defense to show up this week. Syracuse has the offensive weapons to put up some points and will need it. Tommy DeVito passed for a career-high 330 yards and three touchdowns last week. Syracuse has forced a turnover in 16 straight games. That is the third-longest active streak among FBS teams.
The Dart Throw: Clemson 42, Syracuse 27
Check Out Everything America’s Bookie has to Offer by reading our review.
Syracuse Orange Trends
- Trend Under is 5-0 in Orange last 5 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 100.00% (5) O/U 0|5 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 6-1-1 in Orange last 8 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 85.70% (8) 1|6 1
- Under is 7-3 in Orange last 10 games as a home favorite. 70.00% (10) 3|7 0
- Under is 5-0-1 in Orange last 6 games as a home favorite of 0.5-3.0. 100.00% (6) 0|5 1
Clemson Tigers Trends
- Trend Under is 14-6 in Tigers last 20 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. Hit % 70.00% (20) O/U 1|6 Push 1 W/L
- Over is 5-2 in Tigers last 7 games as a road underdog of 10.5 or greater. 71.40% (7) 5|2 0
- Under is 7-2 in Tigers last 9 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0. 77.80% (9) 2|7 0
- Under is 5-2 in Tigers last 7 games as a favorite. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
Clemson vs Syracuse Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Tigers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings. 20.00% (5) 0 1|4
- Underdog is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings. 80.00% (5) 0 1|4
Clemson home to Charlotte Saturday, September 21
Syracuse home to Western Michigan Saturday, September 21
America’s Bookie gives bonus’ up to 100%, Gamblers Insurance and Great Contests