Georgia vs Florida in the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party
The Georgia Bulldogs and the Florida Gators renew their SEC Football rivalry with a possible chance at the College Football Playoff on the line. The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party is one of the fiercest rivalries in college football. Georgia has won the past two meetings with Florida. It was a 36-17 victory last season in a matchup of top-10 teams.
TV: 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. LINE: Georgia -6.5; O/U: 45.5
The inside track to the SEC East Division title is at stake when No. 6 Florida and No. 7 Georgia meet on Saturday in Jacksonville, Florida. Recent series history is a guide to what should happen Saturday afternoon. The team that rushes for the most yards will win the rivalry contest. The team that has won the rushing battle has won this matchup each of the past 13 years. This could be good news for a Georgia squad that has relied on the SEC’s top running game to overcome a slumping passing attack the last few games.
This, That, and a SEC Football Dart Throw
The Georgia Bulldogs are 6-1 overall in the season and 3-1 in the SEC. They bounced back against Kentucky two weeks ago after a shocking loss to South Carolina. Junior running back D’Andre Swift leads the ground attack. He is leading the conference in rushing yards per game at 107.7, and on the season has 752 yards with seven touchdowns. Swift rushed for 179 yards and two touchdowns in a Oct. 19th win over Kentucky. Brian Herrien added 60 yards rushing and a score.
Quarterback Jake Fromm only passed 12 times for 35 yards against Kentucky. It can be forgiven as it was a game played in heavy rain. He also struggled in the loss to South Carolina and threw a career-high three interceptions. The Bulldogs lead the SEC in scoring defense and rank fifth nationally at 10.6 points per game. They are tops in the SEC and seventh in the country in total defense at 266.7 yards per contest.
Please Read our Review of BetAnySports to See why they are a Top Rated Online Sportsbook!!
The Florida Gators are 7-1 on the season and 4-1 in the SEC. Since taking over at quarterback for the injured Feleipe Franks, Kyle Trask has passed for 1,351 yards and 13 touchdowns. He threw for four in a Oct. 19th victory over South Carolina. He is completing 67.1 percent of his passes. Running back Dameon Pierce rushed for 87 yards and a touchdown against the Gamecocks. Running back Lamical Perine added 68 yards. Greenard is tied for ninth in the SEC with four sacks and has 6 1/2 tackles for loss. He is leading a defense that has rang up five or more sacks in seven games.
Florida is one of three FBS schools, along with Eastern Michigan and Washington State, to have four players with at least 275 receiving yards, at least 20 receptions and at least two touchdowns.
The Dart Throw: Georgia 31, Florida 23
Florida Gator Trends
- Trend Over is 6-1 in Gators last 7 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 85.70% (7) O/U 6|1 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 5-0 in Gators last 5 neutral site games as a favorite. 100.00% (5) 0|5 0
- Under is 7-2 in Gators last 9 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 77.80% (9) 2|7 0
- Under is 4-0 in Gators last 4 neutral site games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
Georgia Bulldogs Trends
- Trend Over is 3-0-1 in Bulldogs last 4 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 100.00% (4) O/U 6|1 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 5-2-1 in Bulldogs last 8 neutral site games as a favorite. 71.40% (8) 0|5 0
- Over is 5-1 in Bulldogs last 6 neutral site games as an underdog of 0.5-3.0. 83.30% (6) 5|1 0
- Under is 10-1-1 in Bulldogs last 12 neutral site games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0. 90.90% (12) 0|4 0
SEC Football H2H Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings. Hit % 71.40% (8) O/U 2|5 Push 1 W/L
- Favorite is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings. 100.00% (4) 0 4|0
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings. 80.00% (5) 0 1|4
A 35% Signup Bonus and 20% on EVERY Deposit at A+ Rated Online Sportsbook, BetAnySports