SEC Football – Georgia Bulldogs vs Auburn Tigers
Auburn Tigers Look to Blow up Georgia Bulldogs CFP Plans
The Georgia Bulldogs travel to play the Auburn Tigers in what is billed as the “Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry” Saturday afternoon. The rivalry began in 1892 and is continued to be played today and is one of the SEC’s fiercest rivalries.This is the 124th meeting between the two programs. The Bulldogs lead the all-time series 59-56-8 and have won two straight against the Tigers. UGA has also won 14 of the last 18 meetings.
TV: 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. LINE: Georgia -3; O/U: 43
Fifth-ranked Georgia is one victory from clinching the SEC East and reaching the SEC Championship Game. The path is never easy in the SEC, but it gets tougher starting with this afternoon’s trip to No. 13 Auburn. The Bulldogs have allowed just 17 points with two shutouts during a three-game winning streak. That will be challenged today facing an offense averaging 32.7 points and 425.1 yards. The War Eagles only two losses have come against LSU and Florida who were ranked in the top 10 at the time.
“You throw in some of the most elite speed guys in the country on the perimeter, and what you get is a recipe for potential big plays, and they do a good job of attacking,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart told reporters Monday in describing Auburn’s offense.
The Tigers will have to contend with a Georgia defense that leads the Southeastern Conference and are second nationally in points allowed per game at 10.1. They are fourth in the country in rushing defense at 74.6 yards. They are also fifth in the FBS in total defense only giving up 260.3 yards per game. The Bulldogs have yet to surrender a rushing touchdown this season.
Auburn is tied for 18th in the country in rushing touchdowns with 23. They are 19th in the nation in average rushing yards with 219.3 yards per game. “You have to be able to run the football effectively because you cannot be one-dimensional,” Auburn coach Gus Malzahn told the media Tuesday. “For us to be successful, we are going to have to run the football effectively. That is how we are built.”
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Georgia Bulldogs are 8-1 on the season and 5-1 in the SEC. The Bulldogs have three shutouts this season for the first time since 1981. That is one off the school record in a 12-game regular season. The squad limited Missouri to only 198 yards of total offense, 50 rushing, in last week’s 27-0 home victory. Defensive back Richard LeCounte returned an interception 71 yards and racked up four tackles last week. Linebacker Tae Crowder led Georgia with seven tackles. It was another efficient day for QB Jake Fromm. He was 13-of-29 for 173 yards and two touchdowns. Running back D’Andre Swift had 83 yards on 12 carries.
The Auburn Tigers are 7-2 overall and 4-2 in the SEC. The Tigers were off last week after a 20-14 home victory over Ole Miss on Nov. 2nd. Quarterback Bo Nix completed 30-of-44 passes for a career-best 340 yards and rushed for a touchdown. Running back D.J. Williams rushed for 93 yards and a score on 24 carries. Nix has passed for 1,798 yards and 12 touchdowns this season. Receiver Seth Williams leads Auburn with 35 receptions and 569 yards. Defensive back Christian Tutt intercepted a pass on the game’s final play after Ole Miss drove to the Auburn 35-yard line.
Please Read our Review of BetAnySports to See why they are a Top Rated Online Sportsbook!!
The Dart Throw: Georgia 27, Auburn 21
SEC Football Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1 in Tigers last 6 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 7-0-1 in Tigers last 8 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 100.00% (8) 0|7 1
- Under is 4-1 in Tigers last 5 games as a home underdog of 10.5 or greater. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Under is 4-0 in Tigers last 4 games as a home underdog of 3.5-10.0. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
- Trend Over is 3-0-1 in Bulldogs last 4 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 100.00% (4) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 4-1 in Bulldogs last 5 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 6-2 in Bulldogs last 8 games as a road favorite. 75.00% (8) 6|2 0
- Over is 7-3 in Bulldogs last 10 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0. 70.00% (10) 7|3 0
Head to Head Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Bulldogs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings. 83.30% (6) 0 5|1
- Favorite is 8-2 ATS in their last 10 meetings. 80.00% (10) 0 8|2
- Home team is 10-3 ATS in their last 13 meetings. 76.90% (13) 0 10|3
A 35% Signup Bonus and 20% on EVERY Deposit at A+ Rated Online Sportsbook, BetAnySports