Vikings & Packers Had Vastly Different Week 1 Wins
The Green Bay Packers host the Minnesota Vikings in NFL Week 2 action. The Packers benefited from an impressive defensive performance to kick off the NFL season last week. They claimed a victory over the reigning NFC North champions. The Vikings routed a strong NFC South foe. To add intrigue to this match up is that the Packers are 0-3-1 in the last four meetings with the Vikings.
TV: 1 p.m. ET, FOX. LINE: Packers -2.5; O/U: 44
Green Bay’s stingy defense made up for a subpar performance from Aaron Rodgers in week one. Rodgers capped his one successful drive with a touchdown pass to tight end Jimmy Graham in a 10-3 win over Chicago on Sept. 5th. The two-time NFL MVP traditionally has struggled versus the Vikings traditionally. He has thrown for one or fewer touchdowns in four of his past five healthy games against them.
Minnesota’s Mike Zimmer has a 4-4-1 mark in his last nine games versus Green Bay. Those totals don’t add up to a successful game against Rodgers on Sunday in the mind of the defensive-minded coach. “I don’t really take much stock into that because each week’s a different week and each game that we play him is always a tough, competitive game,” Zimmer said. “… It’s a sleepless week for me.”
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Minnesota is 1-0 on the young NFL season. Dalvin Cook has received an unfortunate nickname for the scarcity of his appearances in his young NFL career. Cook made a statement in game one. His 21-carry, 111-yard, two-touchdown performance in Minnesota’s 28-12 victory over Atlanta was what was needed. “We need the ‘White Tiger’ to be there for 16 games, right? He’s been special when he’s had the football in his hands, and we’ve got to have him out there,” quarterback Kirk Cousins said.
The Vikings‘ Cousins threw the ball a career-low 10 times against the Falcons. He has been held to 215 or fewer passing yards in five of his past six games. Adam Thielen reeled in Cousins’ lone touchdown pass in the season opener. Fellow wideout Stefon Diggs has scored in each of his last five games against the Packers. Diggs made three trips to the end zone in last year’s season series. All 28 of Minnesota’s points in the season opener were scored off turnovers.
The Packers depended on their defense to start the 2019 NFL season 1-0. Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams was optimistic in his assessment of Green Bay’s new-look offense under coach Matt LaFleur. The team mustered only 213 total yards and converted just two of its 12 third-down opportunities. “There’s nowhere (to go) but up,” said Adams, who bids to record a touchdown in his fifth straight game against Minnesota. He was limited to just four receptions for 36 yards versus the Bears. A sluggish ground game did the Packers no favors either. Aaron Jones and company rushed for a pitiful 47 yards on 22 attempts.
The Packers have the second-lowest rushing average in the league at 2.1 yards per game. A return home to Lambeau hopefully can jump-start Jones. He has scored in three straight games at the historic Field. Jones had 93 scrimmage yards and a rushing touchdown in last meeting versus the Vikings.
The Dart Throw: Packers 21, Vikings 17
Please Read our Review of BetOnline and See why They are a Top Rated Sportsbook.
Green Bay Packers Trends
- Trend Under is 5-2 in Packers last 7 games as a home underdog of 3.5-10.0. Hit % 71.40% (7) O/U 2|5 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 4-0 in Packers last 4 games as a home favorite of 10.5 or greater. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
- Over is 4-0 in Packers last 4 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 100.00% (4) 4|0 0
- Over is 13-6 in Packers last 19 games as a favorite. 68.40% (19) 13|6 0
Minnesota Vikings Trends
- Trend Over is 7-2 in Vikings last 9 games as a road favorite. Hit % 77.80% (9) O/U 7|2 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 6-0 in Vikings last 6 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0. 100.00% (6) 6|0 0
- Under is 4-1 in Vikings last 5 games as a road favorite of 3.5-10.0. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Under is 8-3-1 in Vikings last 12 games as a road underdog of 0.5-3.0. 72.70% (12) 3|8 1
Vikings vs Packers Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings. Hit % 77.80% (9) O/U 2|7 Push 0 W/L
- Vikings are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings. 71.40% (7) 0 5|2
- Vikings are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 meetings in Green Bay. 30.00% (10) 0 3|7
- Home team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings. 83.30% (6) 0 5|1
Get a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 at BetOnline Sportsbook!!!