Can Dodgers Turn it on Against Lucky Nationals?
The Washington Nationals and the Los Angeles Dodgers open their best of 5 NLDS Series Thursday night at Chavez Ravine. The Nationals were fortunate to win the National League Wild Card Game. As fate would have it, their reward is a meeting with the Dodgers.
TV: 8:37 p.m. ET, TBS; LINE: Dodgers -127; O/U: 7.5 Under -120.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Nationals LH Patrick Corbin (14-7, 3.25 ERA) vs. Dodgers RH Walker Buehler (14-4, 3.26)
Washington had the good fortune of a 4-3 comeback victory over Milwaukee on Tuesday. Rookie right fielder Trent Grisham misplayed Juan Soto’s bases-loaded single in the eighth inning. The error allowed the go-ahead run to score. The Brewers went quietly in their half of the 9th inning to end the game.
“The thing about the playoffs, especially the situation we’re in, you can’t really predict what’s going to happen,” Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg told reporters after contributing three scoreless innings of relief Tuesday. “You can’t look into a crystal ball. You just gotta enjoy the moment and be present.” Washington will give the ball to Patrick Corbin on Thursday night. He makes his first postseason appearance after Max Scherzer started the wild card game and Strasburg pitched in relief. He pitched well and kept the Nationals within striking distance.
Los Angeles won its seventh straight NL West title, and they did so by an astounding 21 games. The Blue Crew begins its quest for a third straight World Series appearance with Walker “Ferris” Buehler on the mound. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts had his choice of three aces, so he couldn’t really go wrong. Future Hall-of-Famer Clayton Kershaw is expected to start Game 2 and NL Cy Young favorite, Hyun-jin Ryu, will be on the hill for Game 3.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Nationals‘ Corbin had a string of three straight quality starts snapped in his last outing. He allowed six runs and seven hits, three of them homers, with eight strikeouts over 4-1/3 innings against Cleveland on Saturday. Corbin matched a season high in wins in his first year with Washington. He reached 200 innings for the third time in his career. Corbin allowed three hits and four walks while striking out eight in seven innings of a 6-0 victory at Dodger Stadium on May 9th against the Dodgers. He was 4-9 with a 3.59 ERA in his first 20 games (18 starts) against Los Angeles while with Arizona.
Buehler had a 2.10 ERA in his first 12 starts at home this season for the Dodgers. He permitted 10 runs in 11 innings over his final two starts at Dodger Stadium. Both against Colorado. Buehler last pitched Friday and he allowed two runs, five hits and four walks with eight strikeouts over five innings of a 9-2 victory at San Francisco. Brian Dozier is 3-for-5 with a home run versus Buehler. He pitched seven scoreless innings against Washington in Los Angeles’ 5-2 loss at Dodger Stadium on May 11th. RF and NL MVP favorite Cody Bellinger (.305, 47 home runs, 115 RBIs this season) is batting .172 with four home runs and 45 strikeouts in 116 playoff at-bats.
Please Read Our Review of A+ Rated BetOnline Sportsook.
The Dart Throw: Dodgers 4, Nationals 1
LA Dodgers Trends
- Trend Over is 7-3-1 in Dodgers last 11 games a home underdog of +151 to +200. Hit % 70.00% (11) O/U 7|3 Push 1 W/L
- Over is 6-2-1 in Dodgers last 9 games as a favorite of -151 to -200. 75.00% (9) 6|2 1
- Over is 4-1-1 in Dodgers last 6 games as a favorite of -110 to -150. 80.00% (6) 4|1 1
- Over is 10-2 in Dodgers last 12 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 83.30% (12) 10|2 0
Washington Nationals Trends
- Trend Over is 3-0-1 in Nationals last 4 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 100.00% (4) O/U 3|0 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 5-2-1 in Nationals last 8 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 71.40% (8) 2|5 1
- Under is 3-1-1 in Nationals last 5 playoff games as a favorite of -110 to -150. 75.00% (5) 1|3 1
- Under is 5-1 in Nationals last 6 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
NLDS Head to Head Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 13-3-1 in the last 17 meetings in Los Angeles. Hit % 81.20% (17) O/U 3|13 Push 1 W/L
- Nationals are 16-35 in the last 51 meetings in Los Angeles. 31.40% (51) 0 16|35
- Nationals are 3-9 in the last 12 meetings. 25.00% (12) 0 3|9
Stats are provided by Scores & Stats
Get a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 at BetOnline!!