Capitals Look to Continue Surge Against Rangers
The New York Rangers host the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden. The Capitals have put themselves back on the fast track toward becoming a favorite to win their second Stanley Cup title in three seasons.
TV: 8 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network, TVAS; LINE: Capitals -160; O/U: 6.5 Over -125
The Capitals have defenseman John Carlson and goaltender Braden Holtby leading the way. Carlson and Holtby aim to continue their streaking ways tonight. Carlson extended his point streak to seven games after setting up Alex Ovechkin‘s power-play goal in the second period of Washington’s 5-2 win against Anaheim. He has one goal and 10 assists over that span. Carlson also had an assist on Tom Wilson’s tally in the third period. He notched his 11th multi-point performance for the Capitals.
Holtby made 32 saves to improve to 10-0-1 in his last 11 starts. Holtby’s streak began after he turned aside 26 shots in a 5-2 victory versus New York on Oct. 18th. New York’s Artemi Panarin scored in that contest and enters the rematch against Washington with an 11-game point streak (five goals, 12 assists). He also has a run of six straight contests with at least one assist, both are career highs.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Washington is 16-3-4 on the season. Garnet Hathaway will have a hearing Wednesday for spitting on Ducks defenseman Erik Gudbranson in the second period of Monday’s game. NHL executive vice president and director of hockey operations Colin Campbell announced the meeting. “Yeah, it has no place,” the 27-year-old Hathaway said when asked if he regretted his action. “It was an emotional play by me. You don’t plan any of that stuff in your head, and it was a quick reaction, and unfortunately the wrong one for me, after a sucker punch.” Ovechkin routinely has knocked out opponents with his success on the power play. As evidenced with his 254th career goal with the man advantage. It has him one behind Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne for third place all-time in NHL history.
New York is 8-8-2 on the season. Panarin has recorded five goals and two assists in his last seven meetings with Washington. He scored his team-leading ninth goal in Saturday’s 4-3 loss to Florida. Panarin’s goal total this season is three better than Ryan Strome, who collected a goal and an assist against the Panthers. That was his third multi-point performance in his last six games. Pavel Buchnevich scored in the first meeting with the Capitals. He saw his run of seven assists in five games come to a halt after being held without a point versus Florida.
Read our Review to See Why Intertops has been Around since 1996
The Dart Throw: Capitals 4, Rangers 1
- Trend Over is 15-6-7 in Rangers last 28 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200. Hit % 71.40% (28) O/U 15|6 Push 7 W/L
- Over is 6-0 in Rangers last 6 games as a home favorite of -201 or greater. 100.00% (6) 6|0 0
- Under is 4-0 in Rangers last 4 games as a favorite of -110 to -150. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
- Under is 3-1-1 in Rangers last 5 games as a home underdog of +110 to +150. 75.00% (5) 1|3 1
- Trend Over is 5-1 in Capitals last 6 games as a favorite of -110 to -150. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 0|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 35-16-6 in Capitals last 57 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150. 68.60% (57) 35|16 6
- Over is 4-1 in Capitals last 5 games as a favorite of -151 to -200. 80.00% (5) 3|1 2
- Capitals are 11-3 in their last 14 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200. 78.60% (14) 0 11|3
Capitals vs Rangers Head to Head Meeting Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 4-1-1 in the last 6 meetings in New York. 80.00% (6) 1|4 1
- Capitals are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in New York. 80.00% (5) 0 4|1
- Capitals are 10-1 in the last 11 meetings. 90.90% (11) 0 10|1
Ottawa home to New York Friday, November 22
Montreal home to New York Saturday, November 23
Intertops is the Worlds First Online Sportsbook and Still Going Strong!!