Lions and Chiefs Both Undefeated
The Detroit Lions and the Kansas City Chiefs meet in NFL Week 4 action in the Motor City. The Chiefs were expected to be undefeated through three games, but the Detroit Lions were not. We will see how the Lions match up with the NFL’s elite this afternoon.
TV: 1 p.m. ET, FOX. LINE: Chiefs -7.5. O/U: 54.5
The Chiefs have picked up where they left off last season. Reigning MVP Patrick Mahomes is leading a prolific offense. Mahomes is the first player in NFL history to pass for at least 350 yards and three touchdowns without an interception in three consecutive games. Kansas City has scored at least 28 points in each contest.
The Lions have found themselves in three close games. A season-opening tie at Arizona and three-point victories over the Los Angeles Chargers and Philadelphia Eagles. They have prevailed with the help of a ball-hawking defense that will try to disrupt the Chiefs’ offensive momentum. The teams have met only once in the last eight seasons and Kansas City pummeled Detroit 45-10 in London in 2015.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Patrick Mahomes has the Chiefs undefeated again, at 3-0. He leads the league in virtually every passing category. That includes a unfathomable 134.9 passer rating. The sky-high rating is fueled by 10 touchdowns without an interception. He’s surrounded with weapons as well. Even without injured speedster Tyreek Hill, Mahomes threw TD passes to three different receivers last week. None of them were named Sammy Watkins, who is the team’s leading receiver, or star tight end Travis Kelce. Kansas City still has some questions on defense and has been susceptible to the run. They are allowing an NFL-worst 6.2 yards per carry.
Detroit isn’t flashy on offense so far this year. They are 2-0-1 for a reason. The offensive line has not allowed a sack on veteran quarterback Matthew Stafford in the last two games. Plus the Lions played turnover-free football last week against the Eagles. Detroit hasn’t gotten much from the running game, but that is expected to change. Kerryon Johnson has been involved in a solid passing attack. The secondary has been decent but will be tested this week. It will be tested hard. Darius Slay may be unable to play after injuring his hamstring in the second half last week.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Chiefs 31, Lions 23
NFL WEEK 4 TRENDS
DETROIT LIONS TRENDS
- TRENDOver is 6-2 in Lions last 8 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0.HIT %75.00% (8)O/U6|2PUSH0W/L
- Over is 5-2 in Lions last 7 games as a home favorite.71.40% (7)5|20
- Over is 13-5 in Lions last 18 games as a home favorite of 0.5-188.8.131.52% (18)13|50
- Under is 6-0 in Lions last 6 games as a home underdog.100.00% (6)0|60
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS TRENDS
- TRENDUnder is 7-2-1 in Chiefs last 10 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater.HIT %77.80% (10)O/U2|7PUSH1W/L
- Under is 18-7-1 in Chiefs last 26 games as a road underdog of 0.5-3.0.72.00% (26)7|181
- Under is 9-4 in Chiefs last 13 games as a favorite of 0.5-184.108.40.206% (13)6|20
- Over is 9-1-1 in Chiefs last 11 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.90.00% (11)9|11
Chiefs vs Lions Meetings Trends
- TRENDOver is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.HIT %100.00% (4)O/U4|0PUSH0W/L
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!