Bears Tough Defense to Face Test From Redskins
The Washington Redskins host the Chicago Bears to wrap up week 3 NFL action on Monday Night Football. The Bears were expected to have a great defense and they have not let anyone down. They have allowed the third-fewest points in the NFL. That is one reason why they were a trendy pick to repeat as NFC North champions.
TV: 8:15 p.m. ET, ESPN. LINE: Bears -5; O/U: 41
The Bears have been woeful on the other side of the ball. They will look to get their offense on track against the Redskins on Monday Night Football. The Redskins are better than their record.
Chicago barely avoided an 0-2 start by squeezing out a 16-14 win at Denver last week. They won on a last-second field goal, but it has scored the second-fewest points in the league. “We’ve got to believe that this offense can explode at any minute because of the play-makers and the special guys we have in the locker room,” Bears third-year quarterback Mitchell Trubisky told reporters this week.
Chicago has the perfect opponent against which to get well against, the Redskins. The Skins’ rank among the league’s worst teams in a large selection of defensive categories. They have a woeful track record on Monday night as well. Washington is 2-15 in its last 17 appearances on Monday Night Football and has been even worse at home. The Redskins’ are wretched 1-16 record dating to 1998.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Defense has been carrying the 1-1 Bears. Trubisky, who was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, has yet to throw a touchdown pass. The offense has recorded only 348 yards through the air in two games. This was after going 16-of-27 for 120 yards in Denver. Running back David Montgomery rushed 18 times for 62 yards and a score last week. He has accounted for the team’s lone touchdown in 22 offensive possessions this season. Wide-out Allen Robinson is off to a solid start with 11 receptions on the season.
Chicago will be relying on a defense that has yielded 24 points overall and an average of 292.7 yards. Defensive end Khalil Mack is the unquestioned leader of the defense, but linebackers Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan combined for 25 tackles in Week 2. Chicago will be relying on a defense that has yielded 24 points overall and an average of 292.7 yards. While defensive end Khalil Mack is the unquestioned leader of the defense, linebackers Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan combined for 25 tackles in Week 2.
Coach Jay Gruden kept Adrian Peterson inactive for the season opener for the Redskins. He was forced to turn to the veteran running back last week after Derrius Guice suffered a knee injury in Week 1. Peterson managed only 25 yards on 10 carries in last week’s 31-21 home loss to Dallas. Gruden didn’t exactly offer a ringing endorsement for his backfield against Chicago’s stout defense. “I say we want to run the ball, but they’re a very difficult team to run the ball against,” Gruden told reporters of a unit that is yielding an average of 68.5 yards rushing. “I might have to wait until next week.” Case Keenum has played well despite not many offensive weapons. He has five touchdowns with zero interceptions. but Washington’s defense ranks 30th in points (31.5) and yards (455) allowed.
The Dart Throw: Chicago 31, Redskins 17
Please Read our Review and See Why we Recommend JazzSports!!
Monday Night Football Trends
- Trend Over is 6-2 in Redskins last 8 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 75.00% (8) O/U 6|2 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 6-2 in Redskins last 8 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 75.00% (8) 6|2 0
- Under is 4-1 in Redskins last 5 games as a home favorite. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 4-1 in Redskins last 5 games as a home favorite of 0.5-3.0. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
Chicago Bears Trends
- Trend Under is 6-1 in Bears last 7 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 85.70% (7) O/U 6|2 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 5-1 in Bears last 6 games as a road underdog of 0.5-3.0. 83.30% (6) 5|1 0
- Under is 4-1 in Bears last 5 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 15-7 in Bears last 22 games as a road favorite. 68.20% (22) 15|7 0
Bears vs Redskins Meetings Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Bears are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 meetings. 0.00% (5) 0 0|5
- Underdog is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings. 75.00% (8) 0 2|6
- Road team is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings. 77.80% (9) 0 2|7
Stats Brought to you by Scores & Stats
Get a 150% Free Play Bonus up to $1K by using code HHS100 if you don’t like the above Bonus