Chiefs Host Upstart Ravens in Quest to Maintain Scoring Streak
The Baltimore Ravens and the Kansas City Chiefs will meet on Sunday afternoon in NFL Week 3 action at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs have put up at least 25 points in an NFL-record 24 consecutive games. The way the season has started they’ll probably need to do it again today to remain undefeated. This is a great matchup of unbeaten teams with dynamic offenses. The teams went toe to toe in a thriller last year in Kansas City, which escaped with a 27-24 overtime win.
TV: 1 p.m. ET, CBS. LINE: Chiefs -5; O/U: 51.5
The Chiefs have picked up where they left off offensively last season. Patrick Mahomes put up huge numbers and claimed NFL MVP honors and he doesn’t look like he is slowing down. Kansas City leads the league in passing through two games.
The Ravens actually rank ahead of the Chiefs in a number of offensive categories. They lead the NFL in rushing, scoring and total offense. The Ravens have done it against two teams expected to be at the bottom of the league in Miami and Arizona. Sunday will be a great measuring stick for the offense to see how they stack up.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Ravens have started the season 2-0 against two bottom-feeders. Lamar Jackson continues to be a factor in the ground game. He has gained 126 yards on 19 carries through the first two games. Jackson has shown huge growth as a passer in his second season as well. Jackson has thrown for 596 yards and has accumulated seven touchdowns with no interceptions. He and Mark Ingram lead the NFL’s top rushing attack thus far. Ingram has 154 yards and two touchdowns. The Ravens also possess the league’s best run defense, but their secondary will be severely tested by Mahomes.
The Chiefs have also started the season 2-0. Mahomes has put up a league-best 821 passing yards. The young gunslinger has matched Jackson for the league lead with seven touchdown passes and no interceptions. Kansas City will be without left tackle Eric Fisher who is out with a core muscle injury. Whatever that is. KC will have a reconfigured offensive line and will have to try to protect Mahomes from a pass rush that has six sacks already. The Chiefs’ secondary was picked apart in the second half of a 40-26 win at Jacksonville in Week 1. The defense locked down last week and held Oakland to 307 total yards in a 28-10 road triumph.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Chiefs 35, Ravens 23
Kansas City Chiefs Trends
- Trend Under is 7-2-1 in Chiefs last 10 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 77.80% (10) O/U 2|7 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 9-4 in Chiefs last 13 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 69.20% (13) 4|9 0
- Under is 37-15-1 in Chiefs last 53 games as a home favorite. 71.20% (53) 15|37 1
- Under is 4-1 in Chiefs last 5 games as a home favorite of 0.5-3.0. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
Baltimore Ravens Trends
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Ravens last 5 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 2|7 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 5-1 in Ravens last 6 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 83.30% (6) 4|9 0
- Over is 5-1 in Ravens last 6 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0. 83.30% (6) 5|1 0
- Under is 5-2 in Ravens last 7 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
NFL Week 3 Meeting Trends
- Trend Road team is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings. Hit % 75.00% (8) O/U Push 0 W/L 2|6
Stats Brought to you by Scores & Stats
Baltimore home to Cleveland Sunday, September 29
Kansas City at Detroit Sunday, September 29
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!