Raiders and Cardinals Starters to Play Some Tonight
Week 2 of the NFL preseason opens up this Thursday night at State Farm Stadium with an inter-conference clash between the Oakland Raiders and the Arizona Cardinals at 8 p.m. BetAnySports has opened the Cardinals as three-point home favorites with a 41-point total line. The line has settled into the number below.
TV: 8 PM ET, ESPN. LINE: Cardinals -3; O/U: 40
The Raiders opened up their preseason schedule on Saturday night at home against the Los Angeles Rams. They ground out a 14-3 victory closing as 4.5-point favorites with BetAnySports. The total stayed UNDER the 36.5-point line. Going back to last year’s preseason schedule, they are 4-1 both straight-up and against the spread in their last five exhibition games. The total has stayed UNDER in four of those contests.
Look for Oakland starting quarterback Derek Carr to see some action with the first-team offense this Thursday night after sitting out Saturday’s game. Mike Glennon threw for 200 yards in that contest while completing 17 of his 25 passing attempts. He did throw two interceptions against zero touchdowns. The Raiders added 149 yards on the ground on 31 rushing attempts. Mack Brown ran the ball nine times for 37 yards.
Kyler Murray Will Get the Chance to Start for Cardinals
Arizona was home against the Los Angeles Chargers last Thursday night in its preseason opener. The Cardinals came away with a 17-13 victory as three-point favorites in another low scoring contest that stayed well UNDER the closing 38-point line. They went 3-1 both SU and ATS last preseason before stumbling to a SU 3-13 record in the regular season. Arizona failed to cover in five of its last seven games last year.
The big story this offseason was former Oklahoma standout Kyler Murray going to the Cardinals with the first overall pick of the NFL Draft. He saw his first action last Thursday with 44 yards passing while completing six of seven passes. He should get a chance to run the first team offense a bit longer this time around. Brett Hundley looked sharp with 104 passing yards while going 10-for-14. Wes Hills led the ground game with 37 yards rushing on eight carries.
Each of these teams should open things up a bit more in Week 2 with all the starters getting some playing time in the first half. The lean is towards Arizona at home, but I would bet the OVER on the current total line of 40. We have Oakland winning the contest 24-20 over the Arizona.
Please read our Review of BetAnySports to see all they have to offer!!!!
NFL Preseason Trends
Arizona Cardinals Trends
- Trend Over is 14-6 in Cardinals last 20 games as a home underdog of 3.5-10.0. Hit % 70.00% (20) O/U 14|6 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 6-1 in Cardinals last 7 games as a home underdog. 85.70% (7) 1|6 0
- Under is 13-3 in Cardinals last 16 games as a home favorite. 81.20% (16) 3|13 0
- Under is 5-1 in Cardinals last 6 games as a favorite. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
Oakland Raiders Trends
- Trend Under is 6-1-1 in Raiders last 8 games as a road favorite. Hit % 85.70% (8) O/U 1|6 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 5-1-1 in Raiders last 7 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0. 83.30% (7) 1|5 1
- Over is 6-2-1 in Raiders last 9 games as a road underdog of 0.5-3.0. 75.00% (9) 6|2 1
- Under is 6-1 in Raiders last 7 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0. 85.70% (7) 1|6 0
Raiders and Cardinals Meetings Trends
- Trend Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U Push 0 W/L 4|1
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings. 80.00% (5) 0 1|4
Stats Brought to you by Scores & Stats
A 35% Signup Bonus and 20% on EVERY Deposit at A+ Rated Online Sportsbook, BetAnySports