Jets and Giants Look to Vastly Improve in 2019
The New York Jets and the New York Giants kickoff their preseason schedule on Thursday night in a 7 p.m. start at MetLife Stadium in a featured matchup on NFL Network. BetAnySports opened the Jets as two-point favorites with the total set at 33.5 points. The line is now the Jets -3 and the total is at 35.
The Jets won 10 games in Todd Bowles first season as head coach before posting a combined 14 wins over his next three years at the helm. He gave way to Adam Gase following last year’s slide to a straight-up 4-10. New York was 2-6 SU on the road and the total went OVER in five of its final seven games last season. The Jets were 1-3 both SU and against the spread in their 2018 preseason schedule.
Gase has Sam Darnold as his starting quarterback and he will turn to former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell to reinvigorate the ground game. Neither of those players are expected to see much playing time on Thursday night with many of the other new faces on the team getting some much needed reps on the field. One of those new faces is wide receiver Jamison Crowder, who was a big part of the offense for Gase in Miami.
Is the Changing of the Guard at QB Upon us for Giants?
The other New York team struggled to a 5-11 SU record in 2018, but the Giants did manage to go 4-4 SU with a 5-2-1 record ATS over the second half of the season. The total went OVER BetAnySports closing line in six of those last eight games. New York posted an even 2-2 record both SU and ATS last preseason, including a 22-16 road victory against the Jets as a 2.5-point underdog. The total stayed UNDER in three of those four exhibition games.
Eli Manning is still the starting quarterback for the Giants with Pat Shumur still in place as the team’s head coach. That situation could change sometime this season depending on the progress of former Duke standout Daniel Jones as New York’s top pick in the draft. Jones should get some playing time at quarterback against the Jets on Thursday night. The biggest weapon in the backfield is running back Saquon Barkley coming off a stellar rookie campaign.
Defense for each of these team’s should highlight Thursday’s action to keep BetAnySports’ 35-point total UNDER on the night.
Please read our Review of BetAnySports to see all they have to offer!!!!
NFL Preseason Trends
N.Y. Giants Trends
- Trend Under is 10-4 in Giants last 14 games as a home underdog. Hit % 71.40% (14) O/U 4|10 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-0 in Giants last 4 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 100.00% (4) 4|0 0
- Over is 10-4 in Giants last 14 games as a home favorite. 71.40% (14) 10|4 0
- Over is 5-0 in Giants last 5 games as a favorite. 100.00% (5) 5|0 0
N.Y. Jets Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1 in Jets last 6 games as a road favorite. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 9-4-1 in Jets last 14 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. 69.20% (14) 4|9 1
- Under is 5-1 in Jets last 6 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
- Over is 5-2 in Jets last 7 games as a road favorite of 3.5-10.0. 71.40% (7) 5|2 0
A 35% Signup Bonus and 20% on EVERY Deposit at A+ Rated Online Sportsbook, BetAnySports