Rams and Patriots Could be a Classic Super Bowl
The final game of the NFL season should be a good one. The New England Patriots are favored by 2.5-points against the Los Angeles Rams. The VietBet total line for this game stands at 56 points. Sunday’s Super Bowl LIII from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta is set to get underway at 6:30 p.m. on CBS.
Trips to AFC title games and Super Bowls have become old hat for New England. After beating Kansas City 37-31 in their eight-straight appearance in the conference championship game the Patriots will be playing in their third-straight Super Bowl. The Patriots were three-point road underdogs against the Chiefs. After staging the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history against Atlanta, they got tripped up last season in a loss to Philadelphia.
There are two big reasons why New England is favored to get back on top this time around. One is Tom Brady throwing the ball with a high level of accuracy. The second is rookie running back Sony Michel moving the ball down the field on the ground. Brady has connected on 71.1 percent of his 90 passing attempts in the first two postseason games for 691 passing yards. Michel has carries the ball 53 times for 242 rushing yards and five rushing touchdowns.
Rams High Powered Offense Should be Healthy
The Rams were the second seed in the NFC. After holding off Dallas by eight points, as seven-point home favorites, they went into New Orleans as three-point underdogs and came away with a 26-23 overtime win. Los Angeles has covered the VietBet closing spread in its last four games. The total stayed UNDER or ending as a PUSH in five of its last seven contests.
The combination of third-year quarterback Jared Goff throwing the ball along with Todd Gurley and C.J. Anderson running it gives Los Angeles its best shot at pulling off the upset. Goff struggled a bit with accuracy in those first two playoff games. He completed 58.8 percent of his 68 attempts. However, he did find Brandin Cooks 11 times for 172 receiving yards. Anderson led the way on the ground with 167 yards rushing and two touchdowns on 39 carries.
This should be a very entertaining game that stays close right up the final gun. With that being said, I am taking New England to pull things out by three points to avenge last year’s loss.
Super Bowl LIII Betting Odds & Trends
|New England Patriots|
|The Patriots are 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games|
|New England is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games|
|The total has gone UNDER in 8 of New England’s last 11 games|
|The Patriots are 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing LA Rams|
|New England is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing LA Rams|
|The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games when playing LA Rams|
|Los Angeles Rams|
|LA Rams is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games|
|LA Rams is 15-3 SU in its last 18 games|
|LA Rams is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing New England|
|LA Rams is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing New England|
|The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Rams’s last 6 games when playing New England|
L.A. Rams Trends
- Trend Under is 15-3 in Rams last 18 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 83.30% (18) O/U 3|15 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-1 in Rams last 5 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
- Over is 5-2 in Rams last 7 playoff games as a favorite. 71.40% (7) 5|2 0
- Over is 5-0 in Rams last 5 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0. 100.00% (5) 5|0 0
New England Trends
- Trend Over is 6-1 in Patriots last 7 playoff games as a favorite. Hit % 85.70% (7) O/U 5|2 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 8-2 in Patriots last 10 games as a favorite. 80.00% (10) 2|8 0
- Under is 4-0 in Patriots last 4 games as a favorite of 10.5 or greater. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
- Over is 7-1 in Patriots last 8 playoff games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0. 87.50% (8) 7|1 0
- Trend Patriots are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U Push 0 W/L 5|1
Get a 30% Bonus on Every Deposit at A-Rated Sportsbook VietBet!!!