LSU and Alabama Winner Has Inside Track to SEC Champ and CFP
The top ranked Alabama Crimson Tide host the second ranked LSU Tigers on Saturday afternoon. This has become one of the fiercest rivalries in the SEC, if not the nation. It seems to come down to the winner of this game every season to who plays in the SEC Championship game and move on to the College Football Playoff. This Saturday will be no different.
TV: 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. LINE: Alabama -6.5; O/U: 64
The big-time SEC showdown arrives when top-ranked Alabama hosts second-ranked LSU on Saturday. But the “Game of the Century” tag might need a little tweaking after Ohio State earned the No. 1 spot in the initial College Football Playoff poll with LSU second and Alabama third. The CFP playoff poll and strength of schedule are all that matters in the big picture. Alabama has won the past eight meetings.
The probability of Tua Tagovailoa, and his bum ankle, playing in the game improved at midweek. Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said there was “a good chance” the junior quarterback would play. Tua underwent surgery on Oct. 19th and should be on the field against LSU. “It’s still day-to-day, and you don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow or the next day, but he’s moving around well and throwing the ball with confidence,” Saban said of Tagovailoa. He has passed for 2,166 yards, 27 touchdowns and two interceptions. “His mobility will be the big question, but every day that’s improved dramatically.”
LSU senior quarterback Joe Burrow also is a top Heisman contender. He has passed for 2,805 yards, 30 touchdowns and just four interceptions. His play is key in energizing the team’s attack. “We get the best players in space to the guy we want to put them against,” Burrow told reporters. “We don’t do a lot of things. But we do it out of a lot of different formations.”
This, That, and a Dart Throw
LSU is 8-0 overall and 4-0 in the SEC this season. Burrow is fueling an attack that is averaging 46.8 points per game. He has completed more than 70 percent of his passes in each game and he has thrown four or more touchdown passes on five different occasions. The Tigers have solid receivers as well. The team is led by junior Justin Jefferson, who has 55 receptions, 819 yards and nine touchdowns. Sophomore Ja’Marr Chase has gone for 43 catches for 749 yards, and nine TD’s. Sophomore Terrace Marshall Jr. has 22 grabs for 333 yards, and seven trips across the goal line. The trio has combined for 25 scoring catches. Freshman cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. has a team-best four interceptions. Linebacker Jacob Phillips has racked up a team-high 64 tackles for a solid unit allowing 20 points per game.
Alabama is 8-0 on the season and 5-0 in the SEC. Sophomore Mac Jones filled in for Tagovailoa two Saturdays ago against Arkansas. He completed 18-of-22 passes for 235 yards and two touchdowns. The Crimson Tide continue to make good use of their three star junior wideouts. Jerry Jeudy has 52 receptions for 682 yards and eight touchdowns. DeVonta Smith has 43 catches for 721 yards and nine scores. Henry Ruggs III has 26 grabs for 513 yards and six touchdowns. Safety Xavier McKinney leads the defense with a team-high 56 tackles. Linebacker Anfernee Jennings has 48 tackles and chipped in four sacks. Linebacker Terrell Lewis has a team-best six sacks. The trio is leading a defense allowing 15.3 points per game.
Please Read our Review of BetAnySports to See why they are a Top Rated Online Sportsbook!!
The Dart Throw: LSU 34, Alabama 24
NCAA Football Trends
Alabama Crimson Tide
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Crimson Tide last 5 games as a home favorite of 0.5-3.0. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-0 in Crimson Tide last 4 games as a home underdog. 100.00% (4) 4|0 0
- Under is 5-2 in Crimson Tide last 7 games as a home favorite of 10.5 or greater. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
- Over is 5-2 in Crimson Tide last 7 games as a home favorite of 3.5-10.0. 71.40% (7) 5|2 0
- Trend Under is 5-1 in Tigers last 6 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 7-0 in Tigers last 7 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0. 100.00% (7) 0|7 0
- Under is 4-1 in Tigers last 5 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 5-1 in Tigers last 6 games as a road favorite of 3.5-10.0. 83.30% (6) 5|1 0
Head to Head Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings. Hit % 100.00% (5) O/U 0|5 Push 0 W/L
- Tigers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 meetings. 16.70% (6) 0 1|5
- Favorite is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings. 83.30% (6) 0 5|1
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings. 80.00% (5) 0 1|4
A 35% Signup Bonus and 20% on EVERY Deposit at A+ Rated Online Sportsbook, BetAnySports