NBA Tuesday: Lakers Host the Thunder on NBA TV
Lakers are Red-Hot as they Host Thunder
The Los Angeles Lakers host the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night at Staples Center. The Lakers look to continue their strong start in the first of a home-and-home between the teams. The Lakers have won four straight games and 11 of 12 after rolling to a 122-101 home victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday. They visit the Thunder on Friday night.
TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, NBA TV, FS Oklahoma, Spectrum SportsNet (Los Angeles); LINE: Los Angeles -11; O/U: 210.5
Los Angeles has won by more than 20 points twice during their four-game winning streak. They have racked up 120 or more points in three of the contests. Star power forward Anthony Davis continues to battle through a sore shoulder. He contributed 14 points, five assists and five blocked shots against the Hawks. The only downside was he collected only one rebound.
Oklahoma City dropped to 0-5 on the road when it suffered a 90-88 loss to the Clippers on Monday. It was in the front end of a back-to-back in Los Angeles. It marked the second time in the past three games that the Thunder scored fewer than 90 points and the third time this season.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Thunder are 5-8 on the young season. Oklahoma City shot 37.3 percent from the field against the Clippers. The offense is experiencing some shooting woes and forward Danilo Gallinari (3-of-13) and Dennis Schroder (6-of-17) are experiencing the worst struggles. Point guard Chris Paul scored 22 points. He was 10-of-11 from the free-throw line and is averaging 24.5 points over the last two games. Guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has eight 20-point efforts this season but scored only 11 against the Clippers, his former team. That equals a season low.
The Lakers are 11-2 on the season. Forward LeBron James was superb against Atlanta. He made a season-high six 3-pointers during a game where he ended up with the impressive line of 33 points, 12 assists and zero turnovers. “He’s been at just an extraordinarily high level and dominating,” Los Angeles coach Frank Vogel told reporters of James. “His effort on the defensive end has really spread throughout the group and the group has really bought into being dominant on the defensive end of the floor. Offensively, the shot making, his decision making, zero turnovers, 12 assists, I mean are you kidding me?” James has racked up 10 or more assists on 10 occasions this season. He also has reached the 30-point mark four times.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Los Angeles 120, Oklahoma City 112
Thunder vs Lakers Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- Trend Under is 25-7 in Lakers last 32 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 78.10% (32) O/U 7|25 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 6-2 in Lakers last 8 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5. 75.00% (8) 2|6 0
- Under is 6-2 in Lakers last 8 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 75.00% (8) 2|6 0
- Under is 19-7 in Lakers last 26 games as a home favorite of 5.0-10.5. 73.10% (26) 7|19 0
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Trend Over is 10-1 in Thunder last 11 games as a road favorite. Hit % 90.90% (11) O/U 10|1 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 6-0 in Thunder last 6 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 100.00% (6) 2|6 0
- Over is 6-0 in Thunder last 6 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5. 100.00% (6) 6|0 0
- Under is 37-15-1 in Thunder last 53 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5. 71.20% (53) 15|37 1
Head to Head Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Thunder are 11-5 ATS in the last 16 meetings. 68.80% (16) 0 11|5
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!