76ers Look to Put Despicable Game 1 Performance Behind Them
The Brooklyn Nets and the Philadelphia 76ers resume their best-of-seven matchup in the opening round of the NBA playoffs. Monday night’s Game 2 tilt in Philadelphia tips off at 8 pm. EST. BetAnySports has opened the 76ers as eight-point favorites with the total set at 225.5 points.
Brooklyn wrapped up the regular season with three wins in a row both straight-up and against the spread. On Saturday, it started play in the postseason with a 111-102 upset against Philadelphia. They were a 7.5-point road underdog. The total stayed UNDER BetAnySports’ 228-point closing line in that game and it has stayed UNDER in five of the Nets’ last seven games. They are now 7-1 ATS over their last eight road games.
D’Angelo Russell scored a team-high 26 points in Saturday’s win. He led Brooklyn in scoring all season long with 21.1 points per game. Caris LeVert connected on all three of his shots from three-point range as part of his 23-point effort off the bench. The Nets shot 42.3 percent from beyond the arc in that game. They also went 24-for-26 from the free throw line.
76ers are in a TailSpin
The 76ers lost four of their last six games in the regular season both SU and ATS. They did beat Brooklyn 123-110 on March 28 as seven-point home favorites to even up the season series at two games apiece. Philadelphia was 1-3 ATS in those four contests. Prior to Saturday’s loss, the total had gone OVER BetAnySports’ closing line in five of Philadelphia previous six games. It is 2-5 ATS in its last seven home games.
One of the big issues for the Sixers in this series is the health of Joel Embiid’s left knee. He was able to play 24 minutes in Game 1 with 22 points and 15 rebounds. He remains listed as day-to-day for Monday night’s contest. Jimmie Butler led all scorers in Saturday’s matchup with 36 points while going 11-for-22. Philadelphia shot a dismal 3-for-25 from three-point range in that game. During the regular season, this was the fourth-highest scoring team in the NBA with an average of 115.2 PPG.
The 76ers have been a tough team to bet on lately, but I have a good feeling that they will bring their A Game to the Wells Fargo Center on Monday night to win this game by more than eight points.
NBA Playoffs Trends
Philadelphia 76ers Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1 in 76ers last 5 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 5-0 in 76ers last 5 playoff games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. 100.00% (5) 0|5 0
- Under is 4-1 in 76ers last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 4-1 in 76ers last 5 games as a home favorite. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- Trend Under is 8-3-1 in Nets last 12 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. Hit % 72.70% (12) O/U 3|8 Push 1 W/L
- Over is 4-1 in Nets last 5 playoff games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. 80.00% (5) 0|5 0
- Under is 7-3 in Nets last 10 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater. 70.00% (10) 3|7 0
- Under is 7-2-1 in Nets last 10 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater. 77.80% (10) 2|7 1
- Trend Over is 4-1-1 in the last 6 meetings in Philadelphia. Hit % 80.00% (6) O/U 4|1 Push 1 W/L
- Nets are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings. 80.00% (5) 0 4|1
- Nets are 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings in Philadelphia. 71.40% (7) 0 5|2
A 35% Bonus on EVERY Deposit at A+ Rated Online Sportsbook, BetAnySports