New Look Warriors Look to Make Statement Against Clippers
The Los Angeles Clippers and the Golden State Warriors will meet on the court at Chase Center on Thursday in a quality early season NBA matchup. For the first time since before Stephen Curry led the team to the NBA championship in 2014-15, the Golden State Warriors enter a regular season without being the favorites in the Western Conference.
Curry, Draymond Green and a different-looking Warriors roster will open the 2019-20 campaign tonight. They are hosting the team that most predict to take over their perch atop the West, the Los Angeles Clippers.
TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT; LINE: Clippers -1; O/U: 226.5
The Warriors lost Kevin Durant to free agency after falling to the Toronto Raptors in the NBA Finals last spring. They also are expected to spend the season without All-Star guard Klay Thompson. He signed a max extension with the team over the summer after suffering a torn knee ligament in the Finals. “We have to prepare our young guys to fill that role behind him, and when he gets back, whenever that is, hopefully these young guys now are developed and in the rotation and ready to really be contributors on a playoff team and we can get better,” Kerr told NBC Sports Bay Area after explaining the timetable for Thompson’s recovery likely puts him out for the season.
The Clippers have been unable to get by Golden State in recent seasons. They were bounced in the first round last spring by the Warriors and remade the top of their roster with the additions of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. They team got off to a strong start with a 112-102 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday. Leonard led the way with 30 points on 10-of-19 shooting. George sat out as he continues to rehab from shoulder surgery.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
George is without a timetable for his return. Los Angeles leaned heavily on its solid second unit in the opener. Each of the four reserves used in the game scored in double figures. Veteran sixth man “Sweet” Lou Williams led the bench crew with 21 points on 8-of-14 shooting. He also helped the team lock down on defense while holding the Lakers to 17 points in the final quarter. “We got players on the team that want to play defense pretty much,” Leonard told reporters. “We got some big bodies, we’re long, as long as we come out and be aggressive and play with our active hands, be in spots, it’s gonna be tough for people to score on us when it’s in a half-court.”
Golden State was 57-25 last year. Hall of Famer Michael Jordan made waves this week when he suggested that Curry was not yet a Hall of Famer. Kerr, who is a former teammate of Jordan’s, seems to believe Curry is at his peak. “It’s the perfect time physically and mentally where everything’s come together,” Kerr old reporters of Curry during training camp. “He’s in his prime age-wise, strength and conditioning-wise and defensively he’s seen everything that’s come his way. Teams have played him every possible way that you could think of, and he’s had years now to work on counters. So, he’s kind of in his sweet spot right now, and he has been the last couple years. And hopefully that continues for the next few years. But he’s an amazing player.”
Curry will have to get used to playing with All-Star guard D’Angelo Russell, who arrived from the Brooklyn Nets over the summer. He is expected to take over some of the scoring lost from Durant’s departure and Thompson’s injury.
Please Read our Review and See Why we Recommend JazzSports!!
The Dart Throw: Golden State 110, Clippers 104
Golden State Warriors Trends
- Trend Over is 5-2-1 in Warriors last 8 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 71.40% (8) O/U 5|2 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 7-3 in Warriors last 10 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater. 70.00% (10) 3|7 0
- Over is 3-1-1 in Warriors last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5. 75.00% (5) 3|1 1
- Under is 5-2 in Warriors last 7 games as a home underdog. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
L.A. Clippers Trends
- Trend Over is 9-2 in Clippers last 11 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 81.80% (11) O/U 9|2 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 39-18-2 in Clippers last 59 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 68.40% (59) 39|18 2
- Under is 38-18-2 in Clippers last 58 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater. 67.90% (58) 3|7 0
- Under is 6-2 in Clippers last 8 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5. 75.00% (8) 2|6 0
Clippers vs Warriors Meetings Trends
- Trend Over is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings in Golden State. Hit % 77.80% (9) O/U 7|2 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
- Clippers are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings in Golden State. 75.00% (8) 0 6|2
Stats brought to you by Scores&Stats
Los Angeles at Phoenix Saturday, October 26
Golden State at Oklahoma City Sunday, October 27
Get a 150% Free Play Bonus up to $1K by using code HHS100 if you don’t like the above Bonus
Don’t Forget your NBA Tip-off Special from JazzSports
The Tip-Off Bonus is available until November 15th, 2019!!!
Terms and Conditions
- The Tip-Off Promotion will run from October 15th until November 15th, 2019.
- In order to qualify for the 150% Free Play Bonus, players are required to deposit between $100 and $499, while the 200% Free Play Bonus requires a deposit of $500 or more.
- Players must request their Tip-Off Promo via our customer service phone line or directly with their Personal Account Manager.
- The maximum amount granted for both the 150% or 200% Free Play Bonuses is $1000.
- The 150% or 200% Bonuses will be granted in the form of free play funds.
- The 150% Free Play Bonus carries a 16x rollover requirement, while the 200% Free Play Bonus has a 20x rollover requirement.
- The Tip-Off Special cannot be used in conjunction with other available promotions at JAZZSports.
- Players can receive the Tip-Off Promo in several instances throughout the eligible time period, regardless of number of deposits made.
- Deposits made via Credit Card are not eligible for the Tip-Off Bonus.
- Other restrictions may apply.