Nuggets and Trail Blazers Open Seasons Tonight
The Denver Nuggets and the Portland Trail Blazers meet at Moda Center on Wednesday night to kick off their 2019-20 NBA Seasons. The Trail Blazers defeated the Nuggets during an intense seven-game, second-round playoff series last season. Expect the fireworks to go off again tonight in a great early season matchup. The Nuggets have won six of the past seven regular-season meetings.
TV: 10 p.m. ET, ESPN, Altitude (Denver), NBCS Northwest (Portland); LINE: Denver -1.5; O/U: 217.5.
The Trail Blazers had a hard fought 100-96 win in Game 7 to advance to the Western Conference Finals and send the Nuggets home last season. Denver coach Michael Malone said the intense matchups could lead to many more fierce battles. “I don’t think it is a rivalry at this point,” Malone told reporters. “I think it is hopefully something we can evolve it into. We have a lot of respect for them and I think they have the same for us but it is just Game 1 of 82.”
Portland superstar guard Damian Lillard doesn’t expect there to be a carryover from the postseason series but he has a heavy respect for the talent on the Nuggets. “They’re a really good team,” Lillard told reporters. “They have everything you need on a team. They have good shooters, they have bigs. They score on the perimeter and pass the ball well. … They have good size and they play for a great coach.”
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Denver finished last season at 54-28 and have a good young nucleus coming back. They enjoyed a outstanding campaign last season in which it earned the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference. It was a true surprise after missing the postseason in each of the previous five seasons. “We can’t sneak up on nobody anymore,” backup point guard Monte Morris told reporters. “They’re circling us on the calendar now. We just gotta be ready to go every time because we’re solidified now as far as the top teams in the West.” Center Nikola Jokic is now considered one of the best players in the league after being an All-NBA first-team selection last season. Point guard Jamal Murray runs the team and isn’t afraid to hoist up shots from anywhere.
Portland finished last season at 53-29 and had a solid run with a banged up team in the playoffs. Center Jusuf Nurkic remains sidelined indefinitely due to the horrific leg injury he suffered late last season. Hassan Whiteside was acquired from the Miami Heat to open the new season as the center. Whiteside has been plagued by an ankle injury but proclaimed he will be ready for the opener. Portland is also hoping young power forward Zach Collins will take a step forward. Lillard and shooting guard C.J. McCollum will again be counted on for the bulk of the scoring as one of the NBA’s top backcourt duos.
Please Read our Review and See Why we Recommend JazzSports!!
The Dart Throw: Portland 110, Denver 104
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1 in Trail Blazers last 5 games as a home underdog. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 12-3-2 in Trail Blazers last 17 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. 80.00% (17) 12|3 2
- Over is 5-1 in Trail Blazers last 6 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5. 83.30% (6) 5|1 0
- Over is 8-3 in Trail Blazers last 11 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 72.70% (11) 8|3 0
Denver Nuggets Trends
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Nuggets last 5 games as a road favorite. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 36-16 in Nuggets last 52 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. 69.20% (52) 12|3 2
- Under is 7-1 in Nuggets last 8 games as a road underdog of 5.0-10.5. 87.50% (8) 1|7 0
- Over is 5-1 in Nuggets last 6 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 83.30% (6) 8|3 0
Nuggets vs Trail Blazers Meetings Trends
- Trend Over is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings in Portland. Hit % 100.00% (5) O/U 5|0 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 9-2 in the last 11 meetings. 81.80% (11) 9|2 0
- Nuggets are 9-4-1 ATS in the last 14 meetings. 69.20% (14) 1 9|4
- Nuggets are 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings in Portland. 83.30% (6) 0 5|1
Stats brought to you by Scores&Stats
Denver home to Phoenix Friday, October 25
Portland at Sacramento Friday, October 25
Get a 150% Free Play Bonus by using code HH150 if you don’t like the above Bonus
Don’t Forget your NBA Tip-off Special from JazzSports
The Tip-Off Bonus is available until November 15th, 2019!!!
Terms and Conditions
- The Tip-Off Promotion will run from October 15th until November 15th, 2019.
- In order to qualify for the 150% Free Play Bonus, players are required to deposit between $100 and $499, while the 200% Free Play Bonus requires a deposit of $500 or more.
- Players must request their Tip-Off Promo via our customer service phone line or directly with their Personal Account Manager.
- The maximum amount granted for both the 150% or 200% Free Play Bonuses is $1000.
- The 150% or 200% Bonuses will be granted in the form of free play funds.
- The 150% Free Play Bonus carries a 16x rollover requirement, while the 200% Free Play Bonus has a 20x rollover requirement.
- The Tip-Off Special cannot be used in conjunction with other available promotions at JAZZSports.
- Players can receive the Tip-Off Promo in several instances throughout the eligible time period, regardless of number of deposits made.
- Deposits made via Credit Card are not eligible for the Tip-Off Bonus.
- Other restrictions may apply.