Washington State & Houston Should Have High Powered Affair
The fans at Alumni Stadium will see the Washington State Cougars and the Houston Cougars when they take their seats on Friday night. This game has all the signs of being a high scoring affair. Look for both teams to pull out all the stops in this non-conference tilt.
TV: 9:15 p.m. ET, ESPN. LINE: Washington State -9; O/U: 74.5
Washington State’s offense is in mid-season form. They already lit up the scoreboard with 117 points through two games. The 20th-ranked Cougars aim for a similar offensive performance tonight.
Anthony Gordon has racked up nine touchdown passes and nearly 900 passing yards through the air on the young season. He has spread the ball around and eight different Cougars have caught a TD pass. The running game has been sensational as well. Max Borghi and Deon McIntosh combined for a staggering 215 yards on just 22 carries. They have accumulated four scores.
Meanwhile, Houston was over-matched against Oklahoma in its season opener before rolling over Prairie View A&M last weekend. QB D’Eriq King is still figuring out the best way to operate in Holgorsen’s system. Last year King accounted for 50 total touchdowns for Houston. He was dynamic in the season opener against Oklahoma as he rushed for 103 yards and a score. He also threw for 167 yards and two TD’s. He’ll need another game like that against Washington State for Houston to have a chance at the upset.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Washington State has started the season 2-0. Three receivers for the Cougars already have amassed at least 10 catches for 150 yards. The trio is led by Brandon Arconado with 14 catches and 193 yards. He is a former walk-on. “He’s gotten better and better,” coach Mike Leach said about Arconado. “His body has changed physically as far as speed and strength.” Washington State forced four turnovers against Northern Colorado, while Jahad Woods led the team with 10 tackles (seven solo).
Houston has started the season 1-1 and look for the upset tonight. D’Eriq King threw for a touchdown and ran for two scores in last weekend’s victory. Kyle Porter racked up 120 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries. King has three passing scores and three rushing scores on the year. Marquez Stevenson has 10 catches. That is twice as many catches as any of his teammates. Safety Grant Stuard has 22 tackles. He stacked up 14 tackles in the season-opening 49-31 defeat against the Sooners.
Please Read our Review of VietBet to See why they are a Top Rated Online Sportsbook!!
Houston Cougars Trends
- Trend Under is 6-1-1 in Cougars last 8 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 85.70% (8) O/U 1|6 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 4-1 in Cougars last 5 neutral site games as a favorite. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Under is 6-2 in Cougars last 8 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 75.00% (8) 2|6 0
- Under is 4-0 in Cougars last 4 neutral site games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
Washington State Cougars Trends
- Trend Under is 8-2 in Cougars last 10 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater. Hit % 80.00% (10) O/U 1|6 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 7-1 in Cougars last 8 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0. 87.50% (8) 2|6 0
- Under is 6-2 in Cougars last 8 games as a favorite. 75.00% (8) 2|6 0
- Over is 5-1-1 in Cougars last 7 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0. 83.30% (7) 16|5 0
Stats brought to you by Scores & Stats
Kansas home to West Virginia Saturday, September 21
Boston College at Rutgers Saturday, September 21
A 30% Signup Bonus and 20% on EVERY Deposit at A+ Rated Online Sportsbook, VietBet