Hawks on backend of Back to Back
A NBA Southeast Divisional matchup happens on Tuesday when the Atlanta Hawks and the Miami Heat meet at American Airlines Arena. Prized offseason acquisition Jimmy Butler is scheduled to make his debut tonight. Butler missed the first three games after the birth of his daughter. The Heat averaged 120 points without the four-time All-Star.
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, NBA TV; FS Southeast (Atlanta), FS Sun (Miami); LINE: Heat -8; O/U: 223.5.
Miami obtained Butler as part of a four-team trade to provide scoring punch for a team that lacked a legitimate go-to threat last season. “He’s our All-Star. We can count on him,” veteran point guard Goran Dragic told reporters. “He can play on both ends of the floor. It’s only going to bring more stability to our team. We’re deep as a squad so we need everybody, and Jimmy is one of those guys who’s going to be a leader of this team. Can’t wait to have him.”
Atlanta has a major scoring threat in second-year point guard Trae Young. The sharpshooter is averaging 34 points and nine assists. That average is in spite of scoring a season-low 25 in Monday’s 105-103 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. “None of these guys like to lose,” power forward John Collins said after the setback. “We’re trying to win. I feel like the level of intensity is higher because we don’t like to lose, myself included.”
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Hawks are 2-1 on the season, and could easily be 3-0 after letting the 76ers game get away from them in the last two-minutes last night. They controlled the game from opening tip for the most part. Young scored 77 points on 27-of-46 shooting in Atlanta’s first two games. He came back to earth with a 7-of-20 outing against the 76ers. The Hawks were in the game to the finish against Philadelphia. The 76ers prevailing on two free throws by star center Joel Embiid with 5.3 seconds left. “I thought our guys were great,” Atlanta coach Lloyd Pierce said afterward, disputing that his team’s lack of experience was a factor. “The guys we threw out there executed … it came down to a possession, that’s all you ask for.”
The Heat are also 2-1 on the season. Rookie shooting guard Kendrick Nunn took advantage of Butler’s absence to average 22.3 points in three games. He had outings of 25 and 24 points. The free-agent find split his college career at Illinois and Oakland. Nunn drained five 3-pointers the night he scored 25. It was in Sunday’s 116-109 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. “For this season, I just want to contribute in any way I can, be in the rotation this upcoming year,” Nunn told reporters, “(and) just contribute to some wins and go on a playoff run.”
Please Read our Review and See Why we Recommend JazzSports!!
The Dart Throw: Heat 99, Hawks 96
Miami Heat Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1 in Heat last 5 games as a home underdog. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 5-2 in Heat last 7 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. 71.40% (7) 5|2 0
- Under is 5-2 in Heat last 7 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
- Under is 23-9 in Heat last 32 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 71.90% (32) 9|23 0
Atlanta Hawks Trends
- Trend Under is 20-7 in Hawks last 27 games as a road favorite. Hit % 74.10% (27) O/U 7|20 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 21-7 in Hawks last 28 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. 75.00% (28) 5|2 0
- Over is 7-1 in Hawks last 8 games as a road underdog of 5.0-10.5. 87.50% (8) 7|1 0
- Under is 4-1 in Hawks last 5 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 80.00% (5) 9|23 0
Hawks vs Heat H2H Meetings Trends
- Trend Under is 20-7 in the last 27 meetings in Miami. Hit % 74.10% (27) O/U 7|20 Push 0 W/L
- Hawks are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings. 100.00% (4) 0 4|0
- Hawks are 3-0-1 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Miami. 100.00% (4) 1 3|0
Stats brought to you by Scores&Stats
Atlanta home to Miami Thursday, October 31
Get a 150% Free Play Bonus up to $1K by using code HHS100 if you don’t like the above Bonus
Don’t Forget your NBA Tip-off Special from JazzSports
The Tip-Off Bonus is available until November 15th, 2019!!!
Terms and Conditions
- The Tip-Off Promotion will run from October 15th until November 15th, 2019.
- In order to qualify for the 150% Free Play Bonus, players are required to deposit between $100 and $499, while the 200% Free Play Bonus requires a deposit of $500 or more.
- Players must request their Tip-Off Promo via our customer service phone line or directly with their Personal Account Manager.
- The maximum amount granted for both the 150% or 200% Free Play Bonuses is $1000.
- The 150% or 200% Bonuses will be granted in the form of free play funds.
- The 150% Free Play Bonus carries a 16x rollover requirement, while the 200% Free Play Bonus has a 20x rollover requirement.
- The Tip-Off Special cannot be used in conjunction with other available promotions at JAZZSports.
- Players can receive the Tip-Off Promo in several instances throughout the eligible time period, regardless of number of deposits made.
- Deposits made via Credit Card are not eligible for the Tip-Off Bonus.
- Other restrictions may apply.