Giants Look for Two in a Row Over Cubbies
The Chicago Cubs will visit the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday in what figures to be a pitcher’s duel. Jose Quintana will be on the bump for the Cubs, while Johnny Cueto will pitch for the Giants.
Oddsmakers have the Giants as -110-moneyline favorites. The total is at 7.5 Under -130.
Bet on baseball at Bovada and get a 50% bonus.
Even though Quintana has a mediocre 4.22 ERA on the season, he has been much better recently. He’s posted a 3.00 ERA over his last seven games. The Cubs have won five of those contests.
On the season, he has a 3.40 ERA on the road with a 1.37 WHIP. That’s much better than his stats at home, where he has a 5.50 ERA and 1.47 WHIP.
The Giants will hand the ball to Cueto. He just returned from a sprained elbow that sidelined him since April 30. Cueto was knocked around in his first start back on Thursday. He gave up 10 hits and five earned runs in just 5.0 innings of work.
On the season, he still has a sparkling 1.95 ERA, so we’ll see if he can get back on track on Tuesday.
The two teams have already played a three-game set this season in Chicago. The Cubs took two of three in that series, scoring 18 runs in the process.
MLB Betting Trends
San Francisco Trends
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Giants last 5 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1
- Over is 8-2 in Giants last 10 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.80.00% (10)8|20
- Over is 5-2 in Giants last 7 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.71.40% (7)5|20
- Over is 5-2 in Giants last 7 games a home underdog of +110 to +150.71.40% (7)5|20
Chi. Cubs Trends
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Cubs last 5 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1
- Over is 6-1 in Cubs last 7 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.85.70% (7)4|10
- Over is 5-2 in Cubs last 7 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.71.40% (7)5|20
- Under is 4-1-1 in Cubs last 6 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.80.00% (6)1|41
- TrendOver is 6-2-1 in the last 9 meetings in San Francisco.Hit %75.00% (9)O/U6|2
- Cubs are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings in San Francisco.25.00% (8)
Powered by ScoresAndStats