Cubs and Pirates Look to Put on Good Show
The Chicago Cubs and Pittsburgh Pirates look to play well in the 2019 Little League Classic at the Little League Word Series. They’ll square off in at Bowman field. It is minor league ballpark across the Susquehanna River. The stadium only has a capacity of 2,366 people. It is less than eight miles from Lamade Stadium that is the site of the Little League World Series.
TV: 7:10 p.m. ET, ESPN; LINE: Cubs -158; O/U: 9.5 Over -115.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Cubs LH Jose Quintana (10-7, 4.11 ERA) vs. Pirates RH Mitch Keller (1-1, 7.94)
Pirates right-hander Trevor Williams and his teammates had a memorable experience when they visited Williamsport, Pa., for the inaugural MLB Little League Classic in 2017. “I just remember everyone was really happy,” said Williams, who watched a LLWS game with teammate Jameson Taillon while sitting in a lawn chair on the outfield berm, told reporters. “The kids were really happy. The fans were really happy. The parents. Everyone was just really happy to be there. It was a really fun day. It was something that, at the end of the day, I was looking forward to doing again.”
Chicago on Sunday has an opportunity to win a road series for the first time in 15 tries, as they are 0-12-2 after Saturday’s 2-0 victory. The victory snapped a four-game losing streak. The Cubs were a half-game behind first-place St. Louis in the National League Central, but they were a half-game ahead of Philadelphia and Milwaukee for the final wild card spot. On Sunday, Chicago’s Jose Quintana will vie for his fourth victory in as many starts against Pittsburgh this season. He opposes rookie Mitch Keller, who recorded his first win in his last outing.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Cubs‘ Quintana received a no-decision in his last outing. He allowed two runs, one of them earned and five hits. He struck out a career-high 14 in six innings of Chicago’s 4-2 loss at Philadelphia on Tuesday. He had won his previous two starts and is 6-0 with a 3.40 ERA in his last eight turns. Pittsburgh’s Starlin Marte is 3-for-20 with seven strikeouts against Quintana. Josh Bell has a home run in 11 at-bats versus him. Quintana is 4-1 with a 2.81 ERA in eight starts against the Pirates. 3B Kris Bryant hit his 25th home run of the season on Saturday. It is the fourth time he’s accomplished the feat in his career. Only Ron Santo, who did it eight times, and Aramis Ramirez, who did it seven, are ahead of him.
The Pirates‘ Keller yielded two runs, on of them earned, five hits and two walks in his last start. He also chipped in four strikeouts in five innings of a 10-2 victory over the Angels in Anaheim on Monday. It was his fourth career start. “He looked more confident and he looked more comfortable,” Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle told reporters. “We’ll see how he continues to progress as we continue to give him the opportunity.” Keller was a second-round selection in 2014. He was 0-1 with a 10.50 ERA in his first three appearances. Bell, who has 31 home runs, is one homer shy of matching the club record by a switch hitter. The record was set by Bobby Bonilla in 1990. He went deep and drove in four runs in the Pirates 6-3 victory over St. Louis in the 2017 MLB Little League Classic.
Please Read our Review and See Why we Recommend BetOnline!!
The Dart Throw: Cubs 5, Pirates 2
Pittsburgh Pirates Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1 in Pirates last 5 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 17-7 in Pirates last 24 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 70.80% (24) 17|7 0
- Over is 8-2 in Pirates last 10 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 80.00% (10) 8|2 0
- Under is 5-2-3 in Pirates last 10 games as a home underdog of +201 or greater. 71.40% (10) 2|5 3
Chi. Cubs Trends
- Trend Over is 7-1 in Cubs last 8 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. Hit % 87.50% (8) O/U 7|1 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 5-2 in Cubs last 7 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 71.40% (7) 5|2 0
- Under is 4-1 in Cubs last 5 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Under is 12-2 in Cubs last 14 games as a favorite of -201 or greater. 85.70% (14) 4|10 1
Little League Classic Head to Head Trends
- Trend Cubs are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings in Pittsburgh. Hit % 25.00% (8) O/U Push 0 W/L 2|6
- Cubs are 5-1 in the last 6 meetings. 83.30% (6) 0 5|1
- Under is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings in Pittsburgh. 70.00% (10) 3|7 0
Stats brought to you by Scores & Stats
Get a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 at BetOnline!!