Gators Look to Get on Track Against UCONN
The Florida Gators and the Connecticut Huskies will both be gunning for a victory on Sunday when they meet at XL Center. The season hasn’t gone according to plan for sixth-ranked Florida. They lost to rival Florida State and scored only 66 points in a narrow victory against Towson. They take on the Huskies this afternoon, who are typically strong at home but have already lost there this season.
TV: 3 p.m. ET, ESPN; LINE: Florida -4; O/U: 136.5
Expectations were high entering the season for Florida. They brought in a top 10 recruiting class and with it expectations. The young group has struggled to score so far only averaging 63.7 points. That is tied for 297th in the nation entering Saturday. The team has shot 23.7 percent from 3-point range. Noah Locke has attempted a team-high 16 trey’s but made only three. While the Huskies are averaging 88 points, they were unable to keep up with Saint Joseph’s on Wednesday at Gampel Pavilion. They trailed from horn to horn.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Florida is 2-1 on the young season. While it was the incoming freshmen that received all the buzz, graduate transfer Kerry Blackshear Jr. is the newcomer that has been making on the noise on court. He has posted a double-double in all three games this season. Sophomore frontcourt mate Keyontae Johnson has averaged 11.3 points and shooting 51.9 percent from the floor. McDonald’s All-American freshmen Scottie Lewis and Tre Mann are continuing to find their way and play better. Lewis broke out with 15 points against Towson.
UCONN is 1-1 on the season. The Huskies showing a fair amount of depth in their season-opening victory against Sacred Heart, but the Huskies resorted back to relying only on its starters next time out. Guards Alterique Gilbert and Christian Vital both scored 20 points. It was not very efficient as they both did so shooting less than 27 percent from the field. Forward Tyler Polley who showed consistency by connecting on 4-of-5 shots and all four 3-point attempts on the way to 13 points.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Florida 72, UCONN 67
Florida Gators vs UCONN Huskies Trends
- Trend Over is 9-0 in Huskies last 9 games as a home favorite of 7.0-12.5. Hit % 100.00% (9) O/U 9|0 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 8-2 in Huskies last 10 games as a home underdog. 80.00% (10) 2|8 0
- Under is 4-1 in Huskies last 5 games as a home favorite of 0.5-6.5. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 8-3 in Huskies last 11 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater. 72.70% (11) 8|3 0
- Trend Under is 10-1 in Gators last 11 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5. Hit % 90.90% (11) O/U 1|10 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 10-1 in Gators last 11 games as a road favorite. 90.90% (11) 1|10 0
- Under is 4-0 in Gators last 4 games as a favorite. 100.00% (4) 5|0 0
- Under is 8-2 in Gators last 10 games as a road underdog. 80.00% (10) 2|8 0
Stats brought to you by Scores&Stats
Florida at Saint Joseph’s Thursday, November 21
Connecticut home to Buffalo Thursday, November 21
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!