Phillies and Braves in 3rd Game of 4-game Series
The Philadelphia Phillies will try to bridge the gap this week when they host the NL East-leading Atlanta Braves for a big four-game series. Game 3 is tonight at 7:05 PM ET on ESPN. At 75-69, the Phillies have gotten the most out of their lineup, but they’re still two games behind the Cubs for the 2nd Wild Card berth in the National League. They are one game behind the Brewers, a half-game ahead of the Diamondbacks and one game ahead of the Mets.
TV: 7:05 p.m. ET, ESPN, FS Southeast (Atlanta), NBCS Philadelphia; LINE: Braves -137; O/U: 9.5 Under -120.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Braves LH Dallas Keuchel (7-5, 3.47 ERA) vs. Phillies RH Zach Eflin (8-11, 4.31)
The Phillies hope the power from Tuesday’s 6-5 victory will show up again to help keep their flickering National League playoff hopes alive. The Phillies belted five homers Tuesday, including a go-ahead inside-the-park blast from center fielder Scott Kingery.
Catcher J.T. Realmuto and right fielder Bryce Harper hit back-to-back homers in the first inning as the Phillies built a 4-0 lead. Left fielder Corey Dickerson homered twice to give him three dingers in the series. Kingery has homered four times in his past nine games. Dickerson boasts eight homers in 33 games since being dealt from Pittsburgh at the trade deadline.
Atlanta lost for just the second time in nine games this month. Their magic number to win the NL East for the second consecutive season dropped to nine as Washington fell to Minnesota. The Braves division lead at 9 1/2 games. Ronald Acuna Jr. finished 3-for-5 and scored once to give him a NL-leading 117 runs on the season. First baseman Freddie Freeman collected his second consecutive three-hit game and drove in his major-league leading 117th run.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Zach Eflin (4.31 ERA) will take the mound for Philadelphia in this matchup. Eflin has a team record of 9-15 with the UNDER at 12-11-1. The young right-hander has only gotten 3.96 runs of support per game. The Phillies are six games above .500 despite a run differential of minus-1 on the season. Eflin has pitched well since spending three weeks in the Phillies bullpen. He has pitched to a 3.32 ERA in four starts. He has given up eight runs on 22 hits over 21-2/3 innings. Eflin landed in relief duty after a disastrous six-start stretch from late June through late July. He gave up 31 earned runs on 47 hits (including nine homers) across 26-2/3 innings. Included in that rough stretch were Eflin’s only two starts against Atlanta this season. He had a combined 5-2/3 innings and went 0-2 and surrendered 17 runs (12 earned) on 14 hits (four homers) and six walks.
Former AL Cy Young winner Dallas Keuchel goes for the Braves. Since signing a one-year deal in June, the veteran southpaw has led Atlanta to a 9-6 record with the UNDER at 11-3-1. Keuchel has allowed only three runs total in his past five starts while going 4-0 with a 0.87 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 31 innings. He held Washington to six hits with two walks and three strikeouts over six scoreless innings Friday. It was the third start out of his past five in which Keuchel did not allow a run. Keuchel has faced the Phillies once this season. He took the loss July 2 despite giving up two runs on five hits over seven innings.
Check Out Everything America’s Bookie has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Braves 6, Phillies 3
Philadelphia Phillies Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1-1 in Phillies last 7 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 83.30% (7) O/U 1|5 Push 1 W/L
- Over is 5-1 in Phillies last 6 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 83.30% (6) 5|1 0
- Over is 4-0 in Phillies last 4 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 100.00% (4) 4|0 0
- Over is 4-1 in Phillies last 5 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
Atlanta Braves Trends
- Trend Under is 33-16-4 in Braves last 53 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 67.30% (53) O/U 1|5 Push 1 W/L
- Under is 10-4 in Braves last 14 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 71.40% (14) 5|1 0
- Over is 25-10-2 in Braves last 37 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 71.40% (37) 25|10 2
- Under is 7-3 in Braves last 10 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 70.00% (10) 3|7 0
Braves vs Phillies Meeting Trends
- Trend Over is 3-0-1 in the last 4 meetings in Philadelphia. Hit % 100.00% (4) O/U 3|0 Push 1 W/L
- Over is 4-0-1 in the last 5 meetings. 100.00% (5) 4|0 1
- Braves are 5-1 in the last 6 meetings. 83.30% (6) 0 5|1
America’s Bookie is home to 100% Bonus, Gamblers Insurance and Many Free Contests!!