Braves Bullpen Loses Game 1 Against Dodgers
The fans at SunTrust Park in Atlanta will be treated to game 2 between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves. The three game series between the National League heavyweights was all it was billed to be for most of the game last night.
TV: 7:20 p.m. ET, SportsNet Los Angeles, FS South (Atlanta); LINE: Dodgers -152; O/U: 10 Over -113.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Dodgers LH Hyun-Jin Ryu (12-2, 1.45 ERA) vs. Braves RH Mike Foltynewicz (4-5, 6.24)
Max Muncy has enjoyed a lot of success in limited action against the Atlanta Braves. The Los Angeles Dodgers second baseman has put his team in position to clinch a road series victory Saturday. His late-inning heroics on Friday were momentous. The Dodgers were trailing 3-2 in the seventh inning Friday and Muncy crushed a three-run homer to lift Los Angeles to an 8-3 victory. Muncy has five homers, 12 RBI’s and a .324 average in 11 career games against Atlanta.
This is a matchup of the two teams with the best records in the National League. The Dodgers extended their dominance of the Braves by improving to 18-6 in regular-season meetings since 2016. They scored six runs on five hits and three homers in the final three innings. Cody Bellinger slugged his National League leading 41st “creature” of the season. The Dodgers went deep four times, giving them a major-league record five consecutive games with four or more homers.
Atlanta outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. moved within one stolen base of recording a 30-homer, 30-steal season. He swiped his National League leading 29th base in the loss. The Braves lead in the NL East over Washington was sliced to 4 1/2 games. They lost yet another player to injury when outfielder Ender Inciarte injured his right hamstring scoring a run in the second inning. Outfielder Matt Joyce figures to see increased playing time with Inciarte likely going to the injured list. He went 1-for-4 with two RBI’s and is hitting .333 in 13 starts this season.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Braves‘ Foltynewicz has provided hope he has rediscovered himself after a six-week stint in the minors. He picked up wins in his first two starts since being called back up to the big club. He has struck out 14 over 11-1/3 innings. The right-hander gave up four runs on eight hits with two walks in his last outing. He also had seven strikeouts in six innings at Miami. This was after holding Minnesota to three runs on five hits with two walks and, along with seven strikeouts in 5-1/3 innings on Aug. 6th. Foltynewicz gave up five runs on five hits, including two homers, with four walks in six innings to lose to the Dodgers on May 8th. He allowed five runs in six innings across two starts in last year’s NLDS.
Los Angeles‘s Ryu has established himself as the front runner for the National League Cy Young Award with a wonderful season up to this point. He is leading the league in ERA, WHIP (0.93) and ranked second in strikeout-to-walk ratio (7.11). The crafty veteran missed one start earlier this month with neck stiffness. He returned from the injured list Sunday against Arizona and gave up five hits and only had one walk. He chipped in four strikeouts over seven shutout innings. Ryu is 3-2 with a 2.22 ERA in 11 road starts this season.
Ryu pitched a four-hit shutout May 7 against the Braves. He also fired seven shutout innings against them in Game 1 of last year’s NL Division Series. 3B Justin Turner finished 2-for-5 with a homer . In four games against the Braves this season is 9-for-19 with five homers, nine RBI’s and six runs scored. The Dodgers bullpen gave up one hit over 4-1/3 scoreless innings, and since June 1 is 20-8 with a 3.62 ERA.
Please Read our Review and See Why we Recommend BetOnline!!
The Dart Throw: Braves 6, Dodgers 4
Atlanta Braves Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1-2 in Braves last 7 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 80.00% (7) O/U 4|1 Push 2 W/L
- Under is 10-4 in Braves last 14 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 71.40% (14) 4|10 0
- Over is 23-7-2 in Braves last 32 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 76.70% (32) 23|7 2
- Under is 5-1 in Braves last 6 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
LA Dodgers Trends
- Trend Under is 5-2 in Dodgers last 7 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 71.40% (7) O/U 4|1 Push 2 W/L
- Over is 10-2 in Dodgers last 12 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 83.30% (12) 4|10 0
- Over is 4-0 in Dodgers last 4 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 100.00% (4) 23|7 2
- Over is 4-0 in Dodgers last 4 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 100.00% (4) 4|0 0
Dodgers & Braves Meetings Trends
- Trend Under is 3-1-1 in the last 5 meetings in Atlanta. Hit % 75.00% (5) O/U 1|3 Push 1 W/L
- Over is 4-0-2 in the last 6 meetings. 100.00% (6) 4|0 2
- Dodgers are 9-3 in the last 12 meetings in Atlanta. 75.00% (12) 0 9|3
- Dodgers are 35-16 in the last 51 meetings. 68.60% (51) 0 35|16
Los Angeles at Atlanta Sunday, August 18
Stats brought to you by Scores & Stats
Get a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 at BetOnline!!