Dodgers Face Woeful Blue Jays
After a tough series against the Seattle Mariners, the Toronto Blue Jays head to the City of Angels to take on the Los Angeles Dodgers. LA has been dominant this year, owning the second-best record in the MLB at 82-44. The Dodgers can’t take the Blue Jays lightly looking ahead to their next opponent.
TV: 10:10 p.m. ET, Sportsnet (Toronto), SportsNet LA (Los Angeles); LINE: Dodgers -115; O/U: 8.5 Over -115.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Blue Jays RH Sean Reid-Foley (2-3, 3.00 ERA) vs. Dodgers LH Clayton Kershaw (12-2, 2.63)
The National League West-leading Dodgers will face the major league-best New York Yankees for a three-game showdown this weekend. They come home after dropping three of the final four games on a 3-3 road trip. They lost 2 of 3 to the Atlanta Braves in what could be a MLB playoffs preview.
The Jays will be playing with National League rules at Dodger Stadium, which is a rarity for this American League Club. It’s sure to be a difficult three-game set for the Blue Jays. They’ll be up against one of the favorites to win the World Series this fall.
Max Muncy should be well rested after sitting out Sunday’s 5-3 loss at Atlanta. He looks to extend his seven-game hitting streak and homer in his fourth straight game for Los Angeles. Teammate Justin Turner is 13-for-27 with five homers over his past seven games. Three-time NL Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw gets the call in the series opener for the Dodgers. Kershaw beat the Blue Jays in their only previous showdown in 2016.
Toronto turns to Sean Reid-Foley. He has split his last four decisions. The Blue Jays dropped the final two contests against Seattle over the weekend to finish 5-5 on their 10-game homestand. They take on the Mariners after visiting the Dodgers for the first time since 2007. Toronto’s rookie slugger Vladimir Guerrero Jr., who has 14 homers and 54 RBI’s missed Sunday’s game due to knee inflammation and is questionable for the series opener.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Blue Jays will kick off the series this Tuesday when Sean Reid-Foley. He hasn’t managed to pitch more than five innings in his previous five outings. Reid-Foley struggled last Wednesday against Texas. He allowed three runs on four hits along with three walks over 3-1/3 innings. He had given up one or fewer runs in three of his previous four outings. Reid-Foley has issued 13 free passes in his last 17-1/3 innings, and served up three homers in 30 innings overall this season. He is 1-1 with an 0.82 ERA in three appearances at home this year. Tonight will be a significant challenge for the rookie right-hander when he sees the fourth-best offense in the Majors. SS Bo Bichette boasts five homers and 12 doubles with a .333 batting average in his first 20 major league games.
Clayton Kershaw has had yet another stellar season so far in 2019 for the Dodgers. He has a 2.63 ERA and 1.00 WHIP through 137 innings pitched. Kershaw has won his last four starts and permitted a total of eight runs. He has gone unbeaten in his last seven trips to the mound. Kershaw limited the Miami Marlins to two hits over seven scoreless innings last Wednesday. He chipped in 10 strikeouts. Brandon Drury has homered against the All-Star, but is 1-for-11 overall versus Kershaw. Kershaw gave up two runs over seven innings in his only meeting with Toronto in 2016.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Dodgers 7, Blue Jays 1
LA Dodgers Trends
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Dodgers last 5 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-0 in Dodgers last 4 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 100.00% (4) 4|0 0
- Under is 4-1 in Dodgers last 5 home games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 7-3-1 in Dodgers last 11 games a home underdog of +151 to +200. 70.00% (11) 7|3 1
Toronto Blue Jays Trends
- Trend Under is 3-0-2 in Blue Jays last 5 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 100.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-1 in Blue Jays last 5 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
- Over is 3-0-2 in Blue Jays last 5 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200. 100.00% (5) 3|0 2
- Over is 6-2 in Blue Jays last 8 interleague games as a favorite of -201 or greater. 75.00% (8) 6|2 0
Blue Jays vs Dodgers Meeting Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Los Angeles. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 7-2-1 in the last 10 meetings. 77.80% (10) 7|2 1
- Blue Jays are 1-6 in the last 7 meetings. 14.30% (7) 0 1|6
Stats brought to you by Scores & Stats
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!