Butler and Seton Hall Scrapping for First Place in Big East
The fans at Hinkle Fieldhouse will see the 18th-ranked Seton Hall Pirates and the 5th-ranked Butler Bulldogs when they take their seats on Wednesday. First place in the Big East will be on the line as well as six-game winning streaks for each team. The last three meetings have been decided by a total of four points. This game should definitely live up to the billing.
TIME: 6:30 p.m. ET. TV: Fox Sports 1; LINE: Butler -4.5; O/U: 129
Seton Hall kept its run alive with a 69-55 win over Marquette on Saturday. They pulled away with a dominant second half where they held the Golden Eagles to 18 points.
“We’re battling each other every day in practice so we are always in those types of league-type situations,” Pirates star senior Myles Powell told reporters. “Everybody wants to win so we battle each other. We’re battle-tested and that’s why we are winning these close games.”
Butler’s lone blemish so far is a one-point setback at Baylor, which is now ranked No. 2 in the country. They had few issues getting past Providence 70-58 on the road Friday night. Guard Kamar Baldwin scored 17 points. The Bulldogs shot 55.6 percent from the floor to stay perfect in Big East Play.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Seton Hall is 12-4 on the season overall and 4-0 in the Big East. Powell ranks second in the Big East in scoring at 21.5 points per game. That average is 22.3 in four games since returning from a concussion. Guard Quincy McKnight was held to four points in the win over Marquette. That is seven points below his season average. He did hand out six assists and has 30 over his last four games. Center Romaro Gill has scored in double figures in three straight games after being held to eight or fewer in his other 11 contests.
Butler is 15-1 on the season overall and 3-0 in the Big East. The impressive start has coach LaVall Jordan on alert for complacency in the locker room. Thus far he’s managed to keep his team focused on the prize. “One thing coach tells us every day is that winning can make you soft,” forward Bryce Golden told reporters after racking 14 points and nine rebounds against Providence. “So we just try to come in every day like our record is 0-0.” Baldwin paces the squad in scoring 14.8 ppg, forward Bryce Nze is the leader on the boards at 7.1 a contest, and guard Aaron Thompson tops the team with 5.1 assists.
The Dart Throw: Butler 69, Seton Hall 65
Please Read our Review of VietBet to See why they are a Top Rated Online Sportsbook!!
Big East Basketball Trends
- Trend Under is 6-0 in Bulldogs last 6 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater. Hit % 100.00% (6) O/U 0|6 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 7-3-1 in Bulldogs last 11 games as a home favorite. 70.00% (11) 3|7 1
- Under is 4-1-1 in Bulldogs last 6 games as a home underdog of 0.5-6.5. 80.00% (6) 1|4 1
- Under is 3-1-1 in Bulldogs last 5 games as a home underdog. 75.00% (5) 1|3 1
Seton Hall Pirates
- Trend Over is 8-1 in Pirates last 9 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5. Hit % 88.90% (9) O/U 8|1 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 4-0 in Pirates last 4 games as a road underdog of 13.0 or greater. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
- Over is 7-3 in Pirates last 10 games as a road favorite. 70.00% (10) 7|3 0
- Under is 4-0 in Pirates last 4 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater. 100.00% (4) 0|6 0
Seton Hall vs Butler H2H Meeting Trends
- Trend Underdog is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings. Hit % 16.70% (6) O/U Push 0 W/L 1|5
- Road team is 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings. 28.60% (7) 0 2|5
Seton Hall at St. John’s Saturday, January 18
Butler at DePaul Saturday, January 18