Athletics Took Astros Series Before the Yankees
The New York Yankees and the Oakland Athletics will meet on Thursday Ring Central Coliseum. The Athletics already have clinched their second straight series win over a division leader on this homestand. They now look to complete a three-game sweep tonight against the Yankees.
The Athletics took three of four from American League West rival Houston before winning the first two games against the Bronx Bombers. of their set The American League East-leading Yankees have lost 20 of its last 27 games in Oakland.
TV: 9:37 p.m. ET, YES (New York), NBCS California (Oakland); LINE: Yankees -112; O/U: 9.5 Under -111.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Yankees RH Masahiro Tanaka (9-6, 4.56 ERA) vs. Athletics RH Tanner Roark (7-8, 4.01)
Starting this game for the Athletics will be Tanner Roark. The right hander has a 4.01 ERA to go along with a 7-8 record this season.
Khris Davis, Marcus Semien, and Stephen Piscotty homered in Wednesday’s 6-4 win for Oakland. The Athletics have won seven of their last nine games and remained tied with Tampa Bay for the second wild-card spot. Semien’s blast was his third in five games and 22nd of the season. The dingers put him five away from matching his career set in 2016.
Mike Ford went 3-for-4 with a homer and Mike Tauchman picked up two hits and a pair of RBI’s for the Yankees. New York has lost three straight games for the first time since July 25-27th at Boston. Ford has gone 5-for-8 over his last three games. Tauchman is 6-for-13 during his four-game hitting streak.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Tanaka has bounced back from a rough outing in Baltimore on Aug. 5th for the Yankees. He has bounced back in a big way. Tanaka has allowed two runs, both on solo homers, over 14-1/3 innings. He earned victories at Toronto and against Cleveland. The native of Japan has permitted a total of only seven hits in those games. He has displayed excellent control as he did not issue a walk. Tanaka has made five career starts versus Oakland and has gone 3-2 with a 2.53 ERA.
The Athletics Roark has pitched well in his three starts since being acquired from Cincinnati. He has allowed fewer than three earned runs in each of his starts while working at least six innings in two of the starts. He has recorded just one victory, though. Roark settled for a no-decision versus Houston on Friday. He gave up two runs and six hits in six innings of work. Roark made his lone career start against the Yankees on June 12, 2018. He permitted three runs over six innings in a loss at New York while with Washington.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Dodgers 7, Blue Jays 1
Oakland Athletics Trends
- Trend Under is 6-1 in Athletics last 7 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. Hit % 85.70% (7) O/U 1|6 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 7-3 in Athletics last 10 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 70.00% (10) 3|7 0
- Under is 4-1 in Athletics last 5 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 6-0 in Athletics last 6 games a home underdog of +201 or greater. 100.00% (6) 6|0 0
NY Yankees Trends
- Trend Over is 14-4-1 in Yankees last 19 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 77.80% (19) O/U 1|3 Push 1 W/L
- Over is 5-1 in Yankees last 6 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 83.30% (6) 1|6 0
- Under is 4-1 in Yankees last 5 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 17-5 in Yankees last 22 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200. 77.30% (22) 17|5 0
Yankees & Athletics Meetings Trends
- Trend Yankees are 7-20 in the last 27 meetings in Oakland. Hit % 25.90% (27) O/U Push 0 W/L 7|20
- Yankees are 4-9 in the last 13 meetings. 30.80% (13) 0 4|9
Stats brought to you by Scores & Stats
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!
New York at Los Angeles Friday, August 23
Oakland home to San Francisco Saturday, August 24