Yellow Jackets Look to Build Off of Victory Over Tar Heels
The Duke Blue Devils and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will meet on Wednesday at McCamish Pavilion in Atlanta. Georgia Tech has been playing up and down all year but are coming off of a huge road win over North Carolina over the weekend. They look to see how far they have come against the Blue Devils.
TIME: 9 p.m. ET. TV: ACC Network; LINE: Duke -11.5; O/U: 138.5
Second-ranked Duke has found its stride since a stunning upset loss at home to Stephen F. Austin. They have won seven games in a row entering tonight’s ACC road tilt. They seem to be impressing coach Mike Krzyzewski along the way. The Blue Devils destroyed Miami 95-62 on Saturday to remain unbeaten in ACC action. They shot a season-high 59.7 percent from the field. Freshman center Vernon Carey Jr. finished with 24 points on 11-for-14 shooting and nine rebounds.
“We played very, very well,” Krzyzewski told reporters after the Blue Devils scored 50 points in the first half, finished with 23 points off turnovers, and outscored Miami’s bench 25-14. “Not very well – two verys. When we went to the bench, we didn’t drop. In fact, we ascended.”
The Yellow Jackets also were impressive Saturday in a stunning 96-83 victory at North Carolina. They opened the game with a 19-2 burst as they shot 59.4 percent from the field and four players scored in double figures. Guard Jose Alvarado has been working his way back from a right ankle injury that shuttered him most of the first half of his season. He scored a season-high 25 points on 8-for-12 shooting from the field. He also added eight assists and six steals in his best game of the season by far.
“He’s been back for five games,” Pastner said of Alvarado, the team leader in scoring and assists a season ago, “and we’ve been a better team with him back.”
This, That, and a Dart Throw
Duke is 13-1 on the season and 3-0 in ACC action. Carey is third in the ACC in scoring at 18.4 ppg and rebounding per game at 9.0. He leads the conference in field-goal percentage at 62.8 percent. Guard Cassius Stanley posted his second 20-point game of the season with 20 points, 16 in the first half, against Miami. On the season he is averaging 11 points on 50.5 percent shooting from the field. Guard Matthew Hurt is the reigning ACC freshman of the week. He averaged 19 points in two games and leads the Blue Devils in scoring (15.3) and 3-point shooting (53.3 percent) in ACC games.
Georgia Tech is 7-7 on the season overall and 2-2 in ACC play. The Yellow Jackets have been boosted not only by the return of Alvarado, who is averaging 10.3 points in six games, but also by the debut of USC transfer guard Jordan Usher. The latter is averaging 10 points and 3.8 rebounds in five games. Guard Michael Devoe leads the team in scoring at 16.8 points and 3-point shooting at 44.3 percent. He only scored four points Saturday. Forward Moses Wright shot 9-for-13 from the field against North Carolina to finish with 22 points and seven rebounds. His past five games have been productive and he is averaging 17.6 points and 7.8 rebounds on 61 percent shooting from the field.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Duke 82, Georgia Tech 77
ACC Hoops Trends
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- Trend Under is 16-7 in Yellow Jackets last 23 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater. Hit % 69.60% (23) O/U 7|16 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 4-1 in Yellow Jackets last 5 games as a home favorite. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Under is 35-15-1 in Yellow Jackets last 51 games as a home underdog of 0.5-6.5. 70.00% (51) 15|35 1
- Under is 39-14-1 in Yellow Jackets last 54 games as a home underdog. 73.60% (54) 14|39 1
Duke Blue Devils
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Blue Devils last 5 games as a road favorite of 13.0 or greater. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 5-2 in Blue Devils last 7 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
- Under is 7-3-1 in Blue Devils last 11 games as a road favorite. 70.00% (11) 3|7 1
- Over is 8-3 in Blue Devils last 11 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater. 72.70% (11) 7|16 0
Duke vs Georgia Tech H2H Meetings Trends
- Trend Favorite is 23-9 ATS in the last 32 meetings. Hit % 71.90% (32) O/U Push 0 W/L 23|9
- Road team is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings. 16.70% (6) 0 1|5
Stats brought to you by Scores&Stats
Duke home to Wake Forest Saturday, January 11
Georgia Tech at Boston College Saturday, January 11
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!