76ers Look for Rare Road Win at Celtics
The Philadelphia 76ers will enter the TD Garden to face the Boston Celtics in the last of the four regular-season games for these Atlantic Division rivals. Joel Embiid has shown no rust in two games since returning from a finger injury. His Philadelphia 76ers have had varied results. They look to put everything together and pick up a rare road win
TIME: 8:30 p.m. ET. TV: ABC, TSN 1/4; LINE: Boston -1.5; O/U: 213
Embiid has missed nine games for the Sixers with a torn ligament in his left hand. The All-Star center is playing fine and the team is 1-1 since his return. Philadelphia went 6-3 SU and 5-4 ATS during Embiid’s latest absence, which began with a 109-98 win over Boston on January 9th.
Embiid is averaging 22.5 points on 63.0 percent shooting since coming back. He is also chipping in a robust 12 rebounds as Philadelphia defeated Golden State at home and then fell 127-117 at Atlanta. The Hawks rode 39 points from All-Star guard Trae Young to the win. “We weren’t focused, defensively,” the All-Star Embiid told reporters after his team fell to 9-16 on the road. “Their pick-and-roll hurt us, especially, because of [Young]. He’s such a capable shooter.”
The Celtics won five of their last six after a 119-104 victory over the Warriors on Thursday. Gordon Hayward scored 25 points and Jayson Tatum marked his first career All-Star selection with 21 points. Boston improved to 19-5 at home.
The Celtics dropped their other two games against Philly SU and ATS. They still find themselves two games ahead of the Sixers in the Atlantic Division. They also have some injury problems of their own, but seem to be getting healthier.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The 76ers are 31-18 on the season as we near the All-Star Break. Ben Simmons joined Embiid as an All-Star selection on Thursday. He scored 31 points at Atlanta and finished January with an average of 22.2 points on 62.6 percent shooting. Shake Milton had the best game of his career against Atlanta. He had personal bests of 27 points and six assists. He made 5-of-9 3-pointers. Power forward Al Horford sat out due to a sore knee but is expected to play Saturday against his former team.
Boston is 32-15 on the season. Tatum’s first All-Star nod is part of an emotional week for the 21-year-old. He idolized the late Kobe Bryant. “I wanted to cry,” he told reporters of learning he was an All-Star. “I didn’t cry. I might cry later, though. … I’ve been watching the All-Star Game ever since I’ve been watching basketball. I would always get Kobe’s All-Star jersey.” Tatum had missed the previous three games with a groin issue before going 7-of-14 in 24 minutes versus Golden State.
Please Read our Review and See Why we Recommend JazzSports!!
The Dart Throw: Celtics 108, 76ers 104
- Trend Under is 8-2 in Celtics last 10 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 80.00% (10) O/U 2|8 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 10-4 in Celtics last 14 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5. 71.40% (14) 4|10 0
- Under is 9-4 in Celtics last 13 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 69.20% (13) 4|9 0
- Over is 19-8-1 in Celtics last 28 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater. 70.40% (28) 19|8 1
- Trend Over is 7-1 in 76ers last 8 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 87.50% (8) O/U 2|8 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 4-0 in 76ers last 4 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater. 100.00% (4) 19|8 1
- Under is 6-0 in 76ers last 6 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5. 100.00% (6) 0|6 0
- Under is 4-0 in 76ers last 4 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
76ers vs Celtics H2H Trends
- Trend Over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Boston. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 5|1 Push 0 W/L
- 76ers are 5-11 ATS in the last 16 meetings. 31.20% (16) 0 5|11
- 76ers are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 meetings in Boston. 16.70% (6) 0 1|5
Stats brought to you by Scores&Stats
Get a 150% Free Play Bonus up to $1K by using code HHS100 if you don’t like the above Bonus