The Orange or Wolfpack can Afford to Lose This one
The NC State Wolfpack host the Syracuse Orange in a key ACC battle on Wednesday night. The Wolfpack looks to build off its weekend win over Pittsburgh. The Wolfpack struggled through a rough stretch that saw them lose four of five game. All to ranked teams. They managed to rebound and hold off the late-charging Panthers for a 79-76 win on Saturday.
NC State was in desperate need of a win as their losing streak saw them drop out of the Top 25 and to the bottom half of the ACC standings. They got back in the win column by playing a complete game against Pitt. Syracuse got back in the win column following a home loss to No. 19 Florida State. They bounced back with a 67-56 home win over Boston College on Saturday.
The Syracuse Orange are 17-7 overall and 8-3 in the ACC. Buddy Boeheim is a freshman guard, and coaches son, averaging 13.5 minutes. He had a career day Saturday as he scored a career-high 16 points on 4-of-5 shooting from the 3-point line and 4-of-4 shooting from the free-throw line. Leading scorer Tyus Battle is averaging 17.9 ppg. He once again led the Orange with 21 points on 8-of-13 shooting while adding four rebounds and three steals. The Orange used a raucous home crowd of 26,011 to fuel its defense. The D held the Eagles to 33.3% shooting while also blocking six shots and forcing 18 turnovers. The crowd on Saturday was the largest in Division I this season.
The NC State Wolfpack are 17-7 on the season and 5-6 in ACC play. Guard C.J. Bryce scored a game-high 21 points on 6-of-11 shooting Saturday. He was 4-of-5 from the 3-point line, while also grabbing seven rebounds. The Wolfpack weren’t all that efficient from the floor though. They only shot 26-of-64 (40.6 percent). They made up for it by nailing a season-best 14 3-pointers on 51.9 percent shooting from long range. The Wolfpack did allow Pitt to shoot 47.3 percent from the field, but forced 15 turnovers. They held the Panthers without a field goal over their final seven attempts.
PREDICTION: North Carolina State 76, Syracuse 67
ACC Basketball Trends
NC State Wolfpack
- Trend Under is 6-2 in Wolfpack last 8 games as an underdog of 13.0 or greater. Hit % 75.00% (8) O/U 2|6 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 4-1 in Wolfpack last 5 games as a home favorite. 80.00% (5) 1|4 0
- Over is 7-1 in Wolfpack last 8 games as a home favorite of 7.0-12.5. 87.50% (8) 7|1 0
- Under is 4-0 in Wolfpack last 4 games as a home favorite of 0.5-6.5. 100.00% (4) 0|4 0
- Trend Over is 4-1 in Orange last 5 games as a road favorite of 13.0 or greater. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 6-1-1 in Orange last 8 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5. 85.70% (8) 6|1 1
- Over is 8-2-1 in Orange last 11 games as a road favorite. 80.00% (11) 8|2 1
- Under is 19-7 in Orange last 26 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater. 73.10% (26) 7|19 0
Syracuse Orange vs. NC State Wolfpack Trends
- Trend Road team is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 meetings. Hit % 20.00% (10) O/U Push 0 W/L 2|8
Get Free 1/2 point on two teams plus 150% Cash on first two deposits at GTBets