Carmelo Make his Debut for Trail Blazers
The New Orleans Pelicans host the Portland Trail Blazers tonight at Smoothie King Center. Carmelo Anthony makes his return to the NBA tonight for the Trail Blazers. Anthony is expected to play in his first game in more than 12 months. He will attempt to provide some scoring punch for the struggling Trail Blazers.
TV: 8 p.m. ET, NBA TV; NBCS Northwest (Portland), FS New Orleans; LINE: Trail Blazers -1.5; O/U: 230
The 10-time All-Star has a lot to prove after being discarded by the Houston Rockets early last season. Carmelo said he is not interested in being defined by that unsuccessful stint. “What happened before is the past, I can’t dwell on that. I learned from that,” Anthony said in a YouTube video. “This happened in a point in my life where I do have a lot of clarity and understanding of different situations and just life. My approach is totally different.”
The Pelicans started the campaign 1-7 but have since won three of their past five games. That includes Sunday’s 108-100 home win over the depleted Golden State Warriors. The team was forced to rely on some young players in the wake of several injuries. “They always fight and they never give up,” New Orleans guard Jrue Holiday said afterward. “I feel like that’s important to have that characteristic, that structure right now when sometimes you’re down like that to still fight. Even when we are up, not to give up.”
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Trail Blazers are 5-9 on the season. Portland’s woes continued with a 132-108 road loss against the Houston Rockets. Anthony may help the offense but doesn’t figure to help the defensive issues. An elite scorer in his prime, Anthony said he understands that point guard Damian Lillard and shooting guard C.J. McCollum are the main cogs. He is confident he’ll fit in well with the duo. “I just look at that opportunity, that team and say, ‘Look, this is what I can bring to the team. This is where I can help,'” Anthony said in his video. “It will only work if all parties see it the same way.”
New Orleans is 4-9 on the season. Guard J.J. Redick scored a season-high 26 points against Golden State and knocked down six 3-pointers. He is a red-hot 21-of-42 from behind the arc over the past four games. “I’m going into a game with zero expectations and agendas,” Redick said afterward. “Some nights it’s your night and some nights it’s not. … I’m just going to continue to play my game.” Forward Zion Williamson remains sidelined with his knee injury. Derrick Favors (back) and guard Josh Hart (ankle) will also miss the game. Center Jahlil Okafor (ankle) listed as doubtful. Small forward Brandon Ingram (knee), point guard Lonzo Ball (hip) and guard Frank Jackson (neck) listed as questionable.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: New Orleans 120, Portland 112
Trail Blazers vs Pelicans Trends
New Orleans Pelicans
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Pelicans last 5 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 8-2 in Pelicans last 10 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 80.00% (10) 8|2 0
- Over is 20-7 in Pelicans last 27 games as a home favorite of 5.0-10.5. 74.10% (27) 20|7 0
- Over is 4-1 in Pelicans last 5 games as a home underdog of 11.0 or greater. 80.00% (5) 4|1 0
Portland Trail Blazers
- Trend Over is 15-4-2 in Trail Blazers last 21 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5. Hit % 78.90% (21) O/U 15|4 Push 2 W/L
- Over is 8-3 in Trail Blazers last 11 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater. 72.70% (11) 8|2 0
- Over is 6-2 in Trail Blazers last 8 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater. 75.00% (8) 5|1 0
- Under is 19-7 in Trail Blazers last 26 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5. 73.10% (26) 7|19 0
Head to Head Meeting Trends
- Trend Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 4|1 Push 0 W/L
- Trail Blazers are 2-5 ATS in the last 7 meetings in New Orleans. 28.60% (7) 0 2|5
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!