X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After LSU players carry Les Miles off field, AD tells coach he will return

By Jerry Hinnen | Staff Writer

November 28, 2015 11:25 pm ET

Les Miles said after the game he has 'no idea' about his LSU future. (USATSI)
    If Les Miles' tenure at LSU was to be over, his players gave him a farewell to remember. But notions of Miles leaving the Tigers changed moments after LSU's 19-7 victory over Texas A&M on Saturday as athletic director Joe Alleva made it known that the team's football leadership would not be changing.
    "I want to make it very clear and positive that Les Miles is our football coach and he will continue to be our football coach," Alleva said. "Les and I have talked about this program. We are committed together to working to win to compete at highest level."
    Alleva added: "We're going to go forward together and win championships here at LSU."

According to Miles, he was informed of the decision by Alleva shortly after returning to the Tigers' locker room.
    Prior to Alleva's comments, LSU's players carried Miles off the field on their shoulders.

Miles' postgame interview with the SEC Network was delayed because -- as he said on air -- he had to fulfill the Tigers' postgame tradition of singing the school's alma materhttp://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ch-will-return
    Contact me at dirty@handicappershideaway.com

He should stay a good coach. The thought of paying 15 mill to fire someone after losing a couple games in a row is sad.

Comment

This is the epitome of what is wrong with college athletics. How Les Miles and Mark Richt are/were on the hot seat for any reason is asinine. They don't cheat, they graduate players and they win 10 games a year. LSU has finished in the top 10 every year Miles has been there and UGA has only not won 10 games like 2 times under Richt. When a handful of powerful rich men control a University like this is just unfathomable. Sad thing is with UGA, as I live 40 miles from Athens, is half the fanbase wants to fire the best coach they have ever had. They ran off Mike Bobo as OC after years of bitching and no way the fans of UGA would have stepped up and supported Richt like LSU fans. The man has averaged 10.3 wins a season and the only reason they have not played in a BCS game yearly or for several national titles is he is in the SEC... Most years they were stuck in the Outback Bowl or such they lost an SEC Championship game and went to even the Sugar Bowl a few years as the SEC #2 team because the #1 was playing for a national title, and usually winning it. Vince Dooley walks on water because he had Herschel Walker carry him to a Title. Richt has never had that one player to put their team over the top. This Eason kid coming in next year could be that player. Dooley averaged around 8.5 wins a year and can do no wrong. Richt is villified. Miles had the unfortunate situation of playing in the SEC as well. Any other conference and both coaches win multiple Conf Championships and play for several National Titles. Would have they had won any of them (or more than 1 for MIles)? Who knows. But the way those coaches were treated is all that is wrong with college football.

Comment

couldn't agree more. too bad Richt got it they are always up their even witht the killer schedule

Comment

Now they are going to hire Kirby Smart most likely because no veteran successful coach in his right mind will take the job if they run guys like this off. These top assts need to go somewhere small and start off like Bobo did at Col State. You can't just throw them into the fire... look how Muschamp worked out at UF.. smart will be the same way

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X