Can Twins Knock off Yankees in ALDS?
The Minnesota Twins and the New York Yankees battle on Friday in Game 1 of the 2019 ALDS at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees have enjoyed a one-sided postseason history with the Minnesota Twins over the years. That is a trend they hope to continue when the teams begin the American League Division Series this afternoon.
The Yankees are 13-2 against the Twins in the playoffs since 2003. They have claimed four division series and the 2017 Wild Card Game during that span. Minnesota has lost 13 straight playoff games overall, although some in New York don’t see any correlation to this year’s matchup.
TV: 7:07 p.m. ET, MLB Network; LINE: Yankees -185; O/U: 8.5 Over -120.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Twins RH Jose Berrios (14-8, 3.68 ERA) vs. Yankees LH James Paxton (15-6, 3.82)
“I think that’s silly,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone told the media. “We know what they have and if we don’t execute, you are in trouble against that team. It comes down to, we have to go play our best. If we do that, we’ll take our chances.” The Twins already won a season-long struggle with New York for the all-time team home run record in the majors. They swatted three on the final day to finish with 307, which was one more than the Yankees.
New York can stake claim to four of six regular-season meetings. They won two of three at Minnesota in July in a thrilling series. Fans saw the teams combine for 20 home runs and 57 runs. James Paxton will start Game 1 for the Yankees opposite Twins ace Jose Berrios. Paxton left his last start of the regular season early with glute issues.
This, That, and a Dart Throw
The Twins‘ Berrios won his final three decisions of the regular season to finish with 14 victories. That is the second time it has happened in his three full seasons. He lasted three innings out of the bullpen while giving up three runs in the Wild Card Game played at Yankee Stadium in 2017. He holds an 0-2 record with a 9.82 ERA in two career starts in the Bronx. Aaron Judge is 3-for-5 with a double against Berrios. Didi Gregorius is 3-for-6 with a home run and a double.
The Yankees‘ Paxton’s early departure last Friday in Texas ended his run of 10 straights wins. It was a remarkable stretch in which he posted a 2.25 ERA. He also only lasted only three innings in his one start against the Twins in May before exiting with a knee injury. Paxton is making his postseason debut. He was 7-3 with a 3.35 ERA at Yankee Stadium this year. He has held opponents to a .211 average and recording 97 strikeouts over 78 innings.
Check Out Everything GTBets has to Offer by reading our review.
The Dart Throw: Yankees 6, Twins 4
NY Yankees Trends
- Trend Under is 4-1 in Yankees last 5 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. Hit % 80.00% (5) O/U 1|4 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 34-15-3 in Yankees last 52 games a home underdog of +110 to +150. 69.40% (52) 34|15 3
- Under is 7-3 in Yankees last 10 home games with the total set at 7.0-8.5. 70.00% (10) 3|7 0
- Under is 5-1 in Yankees last 6 games as a favorite of -151 to -200. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
Minnesota Twins Trends
- Trend Under is 5-1 in Twins last 6 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Hit % 83.30% (6) O/U 1|5 Push 0 W/L
- Under is 5-2 in Twins last 7 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower. 71.40% (7) 2|5 0
- Over is 15-7-1 in Twins last 23 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150. 68.20% (23) 15|7 1
- Under is 5-1 in Twins last 6 road games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. 83.30% (6) 1|5 0
ALDS Meeting Trends
- Trend Over is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings in New York. Hit % 77.80% (9) O/U 7|2 Push 0 W/L
- Over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings. 83.30% (6) 5|1 0
- Twins are 12-40 in the last 52 meetings in New York. 23.10% (52) 0 12|40
- Twins are 21-60 in the last 81 meetings. 25.90% (81) 0 21|60
Minnesota at New York Friday, October 4
GTBets is home to 100% Cash Bonus, Free 1/2 Points in Football & Basketball. Don’t Miss the Free Payouts Either!!!