32 Teams Billions of Fans Two Ways to Win — World Soccer Pick’em
The World Cup is here — and we’re giving you a chance to win free entries or cash prizes every single day! Make your World Soccer Pick’em picks before each day’s action kicks off to play free all tournament long.
First Jackpot of $3,000 will be paid on 6/14/2018
The World is Watching
Play FREE for Over $135K in Total Prizes All World Cup Long
How To Play
There are two ways to win prizes every day of the tournament.
1. Pick The Winners
Get every game’s outcome right to earn exclusive entry into a World Cup Free Play.
2. Pick The Scores
Go next level and hit the scores as well for a share of the daily jackpot.
Bring The Squad
With Friends Mode, you can play in a private league with just your friends throughout the whole World Cup. Draft a new lineup for every contest and play for cash prizes.
Start My League
The Currency of GNation
GameCredits (GAME) is a fast, transparent, and secure cryptocurrency aimed at being the universal method of payment for the gaming industry. GameCredits’ goal is to make it fast, easy, and secure to use GAME to pay for games and in-game items, and as a reward for gamers.
World Soccer Pick’em
Welcome to “World Soccer Pick’em” presented by FanDuel (“Contest”). No purchase necessary to enter or win, and no deposit, entry fee, payment, or proof of purchase is necessary to participate in this contest. The Contest is based on the results of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Tournament (“Tournament”).
The Contest shall commence on June 14, 2018 (“Start Date”) and conclude at 11:59PM on July 15, 2018 (“End Date”). The period from the Start Date to the End Date shall be known as the “Contest Period.”
All eligible participants (“Participants”) entering the Contest must comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules. Participants may enter as outlined in Section 6 below.
a The Contest is open to U.S. residents who, on the date of entry, are at least 18 years of age or older (21 or older in Massachusetts).
b The officers, directors and employees of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for these Contests, and the immediate family members (grandparent, parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
c Employees of other daily fantasy sites, including but not limited to DraftKings and Yahoo, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
How to Enter World Soccer Pickem
To enter the Contest, Participants must have a registered FanDuel.com account and enter through the FanDuel.com website or using the FanDuel mobile application. During each day of the Contest Period, Participants may enter the Contest by selecting an outcome (winning team, or tie) and score across all World Cup games occurring on that day (“Daily Contest”). For example, if there are 4 World Cup games in one day, Participants will need to pick the outcomes and scores of all 4 games in order to enter the Daily Contest. Participants who do not enter a score and outcome for all games in one day will not be eligible for that day’s Daily Contest.
a Sponsor shall not be liable for any problems that occur during the entry process, including without limitation, late, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries, and shall not have any obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete, invalid, or undeliverable submission. No illegible, incomplete, forged, or altered entries will be accepted.
b Limit One (1) Entry per person per night during the Contest Period.
How Winners are Determined
For each Daily Contest, a Participant must select the correct outcome (e.g., which team will win or whether the game will end in a tie) and the correct scores across all games run that day in order to win a share of the daily prize (“Daily Prize”). At the end of each Daily Contest, all Participants that correctly choose all the outcome(s) and score(s) will split the Daily Prize (“Cash Prize”). The prizing for each Daily Contest will be displayed when each Daily Contest becomes available for Participants to enter.
In addition, Participants who pick all the correct outcome(s) in a Daily Contest (but not necessarily the score(s) as well) will receive a voucher into an exclusive World Cup DFS Free Play (“Voucher Prize”) taking place at the end of the World Cup round in which the Daily Contest occurred. Participants are eligible to win one Voucher Prize per Daily Contest in which they participate
In the event a World Cup game is decided by penalty shoot-out, the correct outcome will involve picking the winning team, while the correct score will involve picking the correct score at the end of overtime.
The Free Plays will take place according to the following schedule:
|06/16/2018||$22,000.00||$2,000.00 Cash + $20,000.00 GAME Credit|
|06/21/2018||$11,000.00||$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit|
|06/26/2018||$11,000.00||$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit|
|06/30/2018||$11,000.00||$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit|
|07/06/2018||$11,000.00||$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit|
|07/10/2018||$11,000.00||$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit|
|07/14/2018||$31,000.00||$1,000.00 Cash + $30,000.00 GAME Credit|
Game Cancellation Stipulations
In the event that a scheduled World Cup game is postponed, suspended or cancelled for any reason during the Contest Period, then such game shall not count toward the Daily Contest. For example, if there are three scheduled World Cup games in a Daily Contest, and one of the games is postponed to a later date, the postponed game will not be a part of the Daily Contest, and the determination of prize winners will be based on the remaining two games. If no World Cup games take place on a given day, then the Daily Contest for that day will be canceled.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official Winners of the Contest. The purchase of any goods or services will not increase any Participant’s chances of winning. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Contest and the application of these Rules are final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by email in order to claim their prize. Any Cash Prize will be deposited into a Winner’s FanDuel account. Winners of the Voucher Prize will be notified through inbox notification after the World Cup round in which they earned their Voucher Prize.
- Winners of a GAME Credit in a Free Play will be contacted by FanDuel within seventy-two (72) hours of contest settlement with instructions on how to claim their prize. Participants will receive their GAME Credit within thirty (30) days after providing FanDuel with all requested information, including a valid GAME Credit public wallet address (a “GAME Address”). All GAME Credit are non-transferrable, are subject to availability, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prior to Delivery (as defined below), a winner has no right to sell the GAME Credit or cause FanDuel to exchange the GAME Credit for cash or any other property. FanDuel shall not be considered a fiduciary or custodian of the GAME Credit, including, without limitation, for the period prior to Delivery.The price of GAME Credit that appeared on www.coinmarketcap.com at 12:01 AM EST, on the date of the Free Play (“Valuation Time”) will determine how much GAME Credit a Participant is entitled to receive. FanDuel is neither responsible for any fluctuations in the price of GAME Credit from the Valuation Time to the date and time the GAME Credit is sent to the winner’s GAME Address (“Delivery”) nor any fluctuations thereafter.Within seventy-two (72) hours after a winner is notified that he or she has won GAME Credit, the winner shall provide FanDuel with a GAME Address. For the avoidance of doubt, the GAME Address must be under the direct or indirect control of the winner and shall not be under the direct or indirect control of a third-party. All winners are advised that the loss or destruction of a private key required to access a blockchain asset, such as GAME Credit, may be irreversible. If you lose access to the private key associated with the GAME Address you provide us, your prize will likely be irretrievable. You should not give access to your private key to any person you do not trust to handle the GAME Credit. Any person knowing the private key can transfer the GAME Credit, without your consent, to another address he or she controls. You are encouraged to (i) securely back-up your digital wallets and private keys, and (ii) securely store the twelve or twenty-four words generated by your digital wallet that make up your recovery phrase. Any person with this recovery phrase can access your GAME Credit without access to the hardware or software wallet that generated the recovery phrase. Participants are responsible for acquiring their own GAME Address to be provided to FanDuel.
- Any failure of a Winner to notify and communicate acceptance will result in forfeiture of their prize. In the event that a potential Winner forfeits or is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Each Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with his or her receipt and use of a Prize. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prize is permitted, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of greater or equal value if Prize cannot be awarded as stated. The Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable law of the Sponsor’s jurisdiction. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and expressly disclaims responsibility for prize utility, quality, or otherwise. The Internal Revenue Service has issued Notice 2014-21 (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-14-21.pdf) setting forth certain guidance on the tax treatment of GAME Credit. Each winner should consult with and must rely upon the advice of his or her own professional tax advisors with respect to the United States and non-U.S. tax treatment of his or her receipt of the GAME Credit.
Odds of Winning
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received on a daily basis, during the Contest Period. There will be $137,000.00 in prizes awarded in accordance with the prize table below:
|Daily Prize Winners||Share of $29,000.00 over the Contest Period.|
|Participants who select the correct outcome(s) in a Daily Contest in a given World Cup round||$8,000.00 in Free Play Cash Prizes + $100,000.00 in GAME Credits.|
Cash Prizes will be deposited into the Winners’ accounts within 72 hours of the conclusion of the Contest.
- ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW (OR MAY LIMIT) DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS WILL BE ENFORCED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.